A U.K based Beauty Blog created by a makeup enthusiast.

Friday, 10 February 2017

Can A Primer Costing £3.90 Really Work?


 



And the products just keep on rolling. Is there no stopping this brand? I can't keep up. 


After waiting since October, the High Adherence Silicone Primer from The Ordinary finally popped through my letterbox way back in December after initially having to pre-order this - so this was long before I began my love affair with the Hylamide HA Blur. Because I'm so weak, I found myself once again being sucked in due to the low figures beside the pound sign. For £3.90, is it really possible to obtain a good primer for such a ridiculous price? 



Believe it or not, there are actually two primers that have been recently added to their ever increasing range - The High Adherence Silicone Primer and the High-Spread-ability Fluid Primer (which is probably the one I should have gone for having the more mature skin). 


 The product


Deciem claim that The High Adherence Silicone Primer is a Blurring Surface Smoother and Primer and uses advanced adaptive silicones to act as a matte, hydrating, blurring primer for makeup that looks higher in definition and adhere longer. As well as a primer, the formula can also be used on its own as a hydrator for reducing the looks of pores and imperfection.

Ingredients listed

 

 


The Packaging 


Yep, it does doesn't it? It comes in that same flip top cap, squeezy tube that's become synonymous with the Deciem brand. It looks just like the Hylamide HA Blur except this time it's comes in a Silver Grey as appose to the bright Pink. 


The Formula 


When it comes to silicone formulas, we've become accustomed to seeing that typical clear silky texture - you'd be forgiven for thinking this looks slightly foreign. It's a White, lightweight gel/cream like texture that looks identical to the Hylamide HA Blur. Once on the skin, the formula spreads and blends well, giving a clear, low sheen finish but not as matte as HA Blur. It feels more like a moisturiser rather than a primer. 



 

 



The Verdict


 I should've including this in my currently loving post but totally forgot due to trialling the IT Cosmetics CC Cream (more on that at a later date).

 Primers for me are generally only ever applied on the t-zone area as they are normally too drying for other areas of the face. So, to be able wear one all over was really great. I think the only other primers I've been able to do that is Soap & Glory's One Heck of a Blot and Make Up For Ever One Step  Primer. 

For £3.90, I feel this gives just as much durability as any other good primer which is pretty amazing considering the price. This formula glides and sits really lovely over my skin and feels so comfortable to wear. My other foundations have really embraced this primer and have proven to work well together giving me long-lasting wear throughout the day and well into the evening. So in that sense, I can't fault it!
 
However, the blurring aspect is nowhere near like the HA Blur. In fact, it's virtually non-existent. I didn't notice any at all - whether that'll show up on drier skins, who knows?! Slight brightening perhaps, but not blurring. However, once paired with foundation, I can't fault the smooth, even finish. The sheen isn't too invasive for me at the moment because it's low and has been ideal when I want something hydrating without it being too slippery and greasy - although not as matte as it's claimed.

 I feel lots of skin types will love the hydrating and non-greasy aspect of this. For those of you who don't know, I have combination skin. Oily skins? That's debatable - it really depends on the severity of the oiliness and how much you crave for that drier texture. But for £3.90, you've got nothing to lose! 


Have you tried the High Adherence Silicone Primer?


Just a quick note! As my kids are off School next week and we're going away for a few days, there may not be any posts. Plus, I'm hoping it'll give me a chance to get ahead.



Toni. xoxo





SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. I read every one, I really do appreciate it! Don't forget to leave a link of your blog so I can come and view yours. However, this is not an invitation to spam!

Apart from Instagram and Twitter, you can also follow me on my Facebook page Sheer Gloss Beauty Blog.

© Sheer Gloss | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig