A U.K based Beauty Blog created by a makeup enthusiast.

Friday, 24 February 2017

Discovering It Cosmetics


It Cosmetics It's Your Complexion Perfection 


This post should've gone out weeks ago. But as per usual, I fell behind, and once that happens, it's really hard to get back into it. Anyway, we're here now, and today I'll be sharing you my thoughts on this collection from It Cosmetics - It's Your Complexion Perfection - featuring the often raved about multi-tasking wonder - the CC Cream! When It Cosmetics arrived in the U.K at QVC early last year, the question that was on everybody's lips was "Where's the CC Cream?" because of the huge following it has across the pond from people giving it the holy grail status! Of course, I now know why they held it back because they wanted to launch it with a "bang!" and didn't they do just that?! This was part of a special TSV that was featured late last month. 



Who are It Cosmetics?

It Cosmetics is an American brand that create game-changing innovations by working with plastic surgeons and dermatologists to deliver life changing results. Makeup is created for real women with real skin issues to help transform your skin to look a much better version of you. Their products contain no parabens and is currently certified by PETA as a 100% cruelty-free brand.

What I got in the Collection

So, apart from the CC Cream, the collection also features another iconic product, the Bye Bye Under Eye Concealer which I've been dying to try. The Bye Bye Pores Pressed Powder and a Double-Ended Brush also came in the set which I've often heard how great their tools are, so I was really pleased to receive this as well.The brush turned out to be really nice and found that the plastic tube that it came to be excellent for storing a mucky foundation brush whilst travelling. One other thing, it came with was a sample size of a moisturiser which I've yet to try. 


The cost

The whole collection came to around the £40 mark but has now increased back up to its normal price to £65 if you're still interested. Purchased individually, this would easy cost over £100! Up until now, the CC cream was a bugger to get hold of as it could only be purchased from across the Atlantic. It can now be purchased on its own from QVCUK for £30 as well as the Bye Bye Concealer - but good luck finding your shade as it seems to be always out of stock at the moment, so, it might be worth waiting awhile until the mad rush has calmed down.


It Cosmetics It's Your Complexion Perfection 

Your Skin But Better CC+ Cream with SPF 50+ | 32ml | £30.00

(The CC Cream is temporarily out of stock from QVCUK)


I'll begin first by saying I've been using this CC Cream daily since receiving this because I've been loving this so much!

This multi-tasking CC Cream is a seven step all in one formula that claims to replace a whole host of products including your full coverage foundation. It's infused with vitamins, antioxidants, peptides and hyaluronic acid to help to diminish the appearance of wrinkles and pores and to create a more radiant, supple and flawless looking skin. One thing I noticed amongst the list of ingredients is that it includes Snail Secretion Filterate (ow kayyy) in other words - snail slime which is commonly used as an anti-ageing ingredient in Korean Skincare. But I've been rest assured from It Cosmetics that no snails were harmed during the production of the product. The secretion is  collected as the snails travel over the leaves.

Within this formula, it contains a primer to help to minimise pores and prolong wear; a brightening colour corrector to help counteract redness in the skin; a hydrating anti-ageing serum and moisturiser; a dark spot corrector to help eradicate pigmentation issues and can also be used as a concealer. It also contains a broad-spectrum physical sunscreen of SPF 50+ (which I was absolutely over the moon about as I don't have to worry about hunting down a separate SPF).

Shades


There are 5 shades to choose from which you could argue isn't enough to cover all skin tones. But generally with CC creams, you often only get three shades to choose from anyway. (I'll leave you to ponder over that one). The shades are: Fair, Light, Medium, Tan and Rich. I chose Medium which turned out to be an excellent match, although during the Summer months it will cause an issue as feel I could only ever step up to Tan if I was really dark. So, a shade in between the two is definitely needed. 

The formula


The formula comes in a really handy tube with a pump dispenser which has become quite a familiar scene in the packaging of hybrid formulas these days, which I love as I feel you can reach every ounce of the product. So, nothing gets wasted. 

Before application I still like to apply my normal moisturiser - not because I don't find it hydrating enough, it's because I find that the formula lasts longer. The CC Cream gives off a slight zesty scent which isn't at all overpowering and is soon gone in a matter of seconds. It dispenses quite thick, but soon blends out to a thin, even layer that melts really easily and beautifully over my skin giving smooth, even coverage that's flawless. You could get away with using your fingers if you wanted to -  it's that easy! Although the brush that came included works just as well. What I really love about this a) I don't need to use a lot - just a little under 1 pump is more than enough. And b) I don't need to worry whether I've applied too much or too little to get to my desired coverage. It just gets on with the job without looking overly made up.

The formula feels very comfortable on the skin and doesn't sit in the lines on my forehead like a lot of foundations do. My skin instantly looks brighter due to the subtle yellow colour correcting pigments that are within the formula which is perfect for counteracting the redness I get from time to time.

Coverage? I would say more medium but a good medium that's build-able. The finish gives a slightly dewy radiance that looks natural (although I do set it with powder) and is perfect to use for lightweight everyday wear. The longevity was ok but didn't last until late into the evening unless I applied a touch of primer on my cheek area first. But I'm happy with any foundation that lasts up until 7pm. After that, I'll be honest, I'm not that bothered!


It Cosmetics It's Your Complexion Perfection 



Bye Bye Under Eye Concealer 8ml | £21.00 


Another product that I've been loving from this collection is the concealer. It claims to be a Full Coverage, Anti-Aging, Waterproof ConcealerHaving this concealer included in the collection was really a blessing and took out the guess work in trying to establish which shade would go with the C C Cream. Just like the CC Cream, the shade I got was Medium.  

This is a highly pigmented formula that aims to cover everything, and is infused with anti-aging technology, vitamins and high performing pigments. Once again, the formula is quite thick and only needed the size of a rice grain to cover under both eyes. The product melts, blends and covers really nicely and doesn't crease or crack. It also brings that glow-y radiance to the area which I really love. I can either apply using my fingers or the opposite end of the double-ended brush that was included. This is also great for covering any other imperfections you have on the face area. Before I apply, I just give the tube a quick rub in between the palms of my hands to loosen up the formula, so it doesn't get stuck in the tube like some people have claimed.

Now, I don't really suffer with dark circles as such, it's the eye bags that's the issue which is something totally different. But I do find it works really well along with just a touch of Nyx Yellow Concealer in a Jar (that I found recently whilst having a clear-out) just to brighten up the shadow of the bag and to soften the sharp line I get that starts from the corner of the eye, so it looks less intense. This is probably the best my under eye area has looked in long while. 



It Cosmetics It's Your Complexion Perfection
 
The CC Cream on the left. The Concealer on the right.


It Cosmetics It's Your Complexion Perfection 


Bye Bye Pores Pressed Powder (Link for Loose £29.00)

The Bye Bye Pores Pressed Powder is my least favourite of the 3, not that I'm saying that it's a terrible product or anything.

This is their new pressed version of the Bye Bye Pores loose powder. Unfortunately at the moment, the loose version is the only one available on QVCUK.

 The powder contains anti-aging ingredients, vitamins and optical blurring technology which help to minimise pores whilst keeping shine at bay. Inside the compact the is a sponge applicator beneath the powder itself which is ideal for touch-ups throughout the day.

The formula is extremely finely milled - so fine that you'd barely notice any product it you tried to swatch it. But is soon seen once applied on the face with a brush or the sponge applicator.

Because it's so finely milled, I've been using this for setting my under eye concealer which is does do a good job doing and is also great for applying on my cheek area which something I very rarely do when I want a more matte finish. Don't get me wrong, it's a decent powder. But I found it couldn't withstand the oiliness in the t-zone that I suffer with. It just doesn't keep it matte for very long.


Have you tried any products from It Cosmetics? Did you manage to get the deal from QVCUK?


Toni. xoxo



SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. I read every one, I really do appreciate it! Don't forget to leave a link of your blog so I can come and view yours. However, this is not an invitation to spam!

Apart from Instagram and Twitter, you can also follow me on my Facebook page Sheer Gloss Beauty Blog.

© Sheer Gloss | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig