A U.K based Beauty Blog created by a makeup enthusiast.

Friday, 16 December 2016

Recent Black Friday Haul featuring Milani, Charlotte Tilbury and more...




Hi everyone!

I think it's safe to say there was a lot of us makeup fans eagerly waited with anticipation to see what offers were going to be featured during the recent Black Friday week. On the whole, I think there were some pretty good deals to be had. Here's what I got.

Shortly after receiving these, I got really sick! So I haven't had the chance to test these out properly, Hopefully, I'll get to use these now I'm feeling a little better. 

 




Charlotte Tilbury Nocturnal Cat Eyes To Hypnotise | Buy one get one free and you could choose 2 different shades as part of the deal for £29.00.

This little set comprises of a single shadow and a sample size of a matching Rock 'n' Kohl Pencil liner. I received an email notifying of the up and coming deal but wasn't too sure if I could order 2 different shades. I took a gamble and it paid off! There were 4 shades to choose from. I missed out on the Amber set so I chose On the Prowl/Supernova - a stunning Neutral Taupe shadow with a beautiful Blackened liner with subtle Purple glitter. The theme for the second set was Grey which is a colour I don't own much of. This Silver Leopard/Black Magic collection comprised of a really elegant Grey shadow with a Silver frost and the Black Magic kohl - a cool Black with pearl finish. Just look at the detail in the design of those shadows. Spellbinding!!!

In the past, whenever I swatched her shadows in store, I was always left underwhelmed with the formulas. Her shadows are loved by so many and I couldn't understand why I was feeling so meh about these. I thought perhaps it's just where the shadows had been oversampled to the point where the formulas may have started to bind too much due to the oils; I'm not sure. So, I decided to take a risk trying this set rather than buying a full quad. 

So far, I've only tried these out onto the back of my hand and I have to tell you, (now, considering the amount of shadows I own) these applied with such grace and elegancy, I was bowled over! I barely have to touch these to swatch. The liners look beautiful too, and they took quite a bit of time to rub off as well! I hope they'll be longwearing. I can't wait to try these out properly!


 





O.k. Not really a deal as such, but I got the delivery free of charge during Black Friday week. If your foundation is too dark, this lightener is a great product to have so you can adjust any colour of your foundation. There are some foundations that I'd really like to try and knowing I can only purchase most of these online, I thought by having this might take out the stress of finding the right shade. Also bearing in-mind how bloody hard it is to get a sample out of some of these brands as well.



Beauty Bay was doing a really good offer - 30% off L.A Girl and 20% off Milani.


 Black Friday Price £6.30 - normal price £9.00


I got the shade Nude Beige as all the other lighter shades was out of stock, except for Porcelain and I thought "I'm never Porcelain!"  Well, as it turns out, maybe I should've got it, as I now have to use the lightening drops to get my shade. I also thought this foundation looked very similar to the HD formula by MakeUp ForEver. I've only used this once and my first impressions tells me it isn't a dupe as a lot of people claim, but I'll still need to thoroughly examine these both to give a more in-depth comparison. Watch this space!


 


Black Friday Price £8.80 - normal Price £11.00


I have wanted to try this foundation for so long but knowing that the shades come off way darker than described, it was a little off putting! Despite this, there was no getting away from the fact that these have received glowing reviews and being so affordable made this even more desirable! Again I took a gamble ordering the shade Medium Beige which is a touch too dark! Again, I haven't managed to wear this much but for those few times I did, I was really impressed with the formula. The coverage and finish ticks all the right boxes for me! The formula is quite thick but blends amazingly well giving a really natural finish considering its quite thick! Really love this! Will give a more in-depth review soon!


 


Black Friday Price £4.80 - normal price £6.00


I thought as I was in Milani's territory I'll throw in a lipstick as well as I don't own any lippies from this brand.  I ordered a shade called Darling which online looks more of a muted Pink but turned out a little brighter on the lips than I hoped for. However, for a drugstore matte, the formula is actually rather nice and they smell nice too!


Black Friday Price £10.99 - normal price £21.00


Another email had slipped into my inbox sharing this amazing offer of 50% off selected lipsticks from Elizabeth Arden. Now I haven't owned an Elizabeth Arden lipstick for donkeys years! So, I thought now would be a good time to rediscover this luxury brand. I played it safe and went for a nude shade. I really love the iconic Red Door design of the casing. And it shares some weight to it too!


 


Real Techniques Bold Metals Collection Spotlight Essentials | £20.00

I stumbled upon this amazing deal from Boots whilst reading fab beauty blog ReallyRee.

Despite owning quite a few brushes from Real Techniques, I've still yet to own any from their Bold Metals Collection. This set came with 3 brushes: the 300 Tapered Bush, 102 Triangle Concealer Brush, 203 Tapered Shadow and a brush roll that doubles up as a clutch. I'm so looking forward to using these!






Did you buy any Black Friday deals?




Toni. xoxo









SHARE:

3 comments

  1. Great picks, the brushes and CT shadows are really gorgeous and I definitely wanna try those body shop shade adjusting drops

    http://technicolor-heart.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab haul! I love that Milani foundation and the LA Girl one is on its way to me! I didn't go too crazy on Black Friday but bought some Anastasia Beverly Hills shadows (60% off), Natasha Denona & Mario Badescu! xx

    Beautylymin| LuxuryFragranceBundleGiveaway

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh I love the look of that RT Bold Metals Set - what a great way to try the range of brushes, the handles are so pretty xx

    Gemma ♡ Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. I read every one, I really do appreciate it! Don't forget to leave a link of your blog so I can come and view yours. However, this is not an invitation to spam!

Apart from Instagram and Twitter, you can also follow me on my Facebook page Sheer Gloss Beauty Blog.

© Sheer Gloss | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig