A U.K based Beauty Blog created by a makeup enthusiast.

Friday, 4 November 2016

Shades Of Autumn: My latest go-to's


Shades Of Autumn, My Make Up Picks


Hi, everyone!

As Autumn is now in full swing, I thought I'd share with you some of the products I've been loving recently and have really helped me transition to these darker colder months. I'm normally a Summer person as I hate the Autumn and Winter months. I hate being cold and having the colds that accompanies with this time of year. However, beyond that, it's quite surprising how a little change in your colour palette can help lift and embrace (I'll use that term lightly, haha!) this time of year.





eyeshadow palettes for the autumn

Clockwise: Makeup Revolution-New-trals vs Neutrals, Mac-Times Nine Burgundy, Wet n Wild-Comfort Zone, Morphe -35P


I've never been one to stick to one palette week after week. I'm just like the British weather -
changeable which is why variety is really important to me and why I have so many!

When it comes to eyeshadows, coppery browns, greens and burgundy tones are just so fitting for this time of year, and feel these palettes have been perfectly put together that's ideal for the Autumn season and have been a real joy to use.


Morphe | 35P Eyeshadow Palette - full review and swatches

A palette that screams Autumn all over it as it consists a huge array of browns, burgundy's and not forgetting that fabulous flash of Purple makes this an ideal collection for creating a dark smoky eye. The nicely pigmented mattes help to dominate this palette which is also assisted with some lovely satins and a few shimmers. The more I use this, the more I enjoy it, and whilst I didn't think much of some of the shimmers to begin with, Morphe hasn't seen the last of me. Unfortunately, these palettes are a bugger to get hold of as they are so "blimmin" popular! So it might be wise to register with Cult Beauty so you'll be notified by email when they finally arrive back in stock!


Mac | Times Nine Burgundy - full review and swatches

Can you believe my photo of this palette is my most pinned makeup product on Pinterest; over 1k, and brings quite a bit of traffic to my blog. It's hardly surprising as it's a fabulous little palette! Since receiving this, the price has been reduced to £25.00 which I think is much more affordable despite the smaller sized pans. These Times Nine palettes are a great way to introduce yourself to eyeshadows from the Mac brand, which consists some of their most iconic shades.

Honey Lust, Embarked, Star Violet, Antiqued, Noir, Sketch, they're all there in this little assortment, and once again, just like the Morphe palette you have your coppery shades with some really stunning wearable Burgundy that are beautifully pigmented and blend nicely, which on Green eyes really do make them pop! The only thing I have to watch is Honey Lust, as that shade tends to get rather excited and gets everywhere! So when applying, just pack on gently and she'll give you less trouble.


Makeup Revolution | New-trals vs Neutrals | £6.99

If you missed out on the Too Faced Semi Sweet (although rumoured to be coming back!) or your budget just can't quite stretch to the Modern Renaissance from Anastasia Beverly Hills (which you can't get for love nor money anyway as it's sold out on both sides of the Atlantic,) then this is a great and more affordable alternative to have as there are quite a few shades that look similar to those palettes.

This is a new addition to my collection and I'm so glad I finally bought this, although I've only used this for a couple of days, so far, so good! For a long while I'd stopped buying palettes from them as I felt I had shades that were very similar but are far better quality than Makeup Revolution. The only other palette from them that I've truly enjoyed was the Iconic Pro1.

It's really difficult to ignore those really beautiful coral/pink-y shades in that top row isn't' it? They're so unusual and was what drew me to this palette in the first place. Once I've had a good play around with this, I'll post a review sharing the swatches.


Wet n Wild | Comfort Zone - full review and swatches

Whilst I could've added others to this post I'd thought I'd share a palette that I've also enjoyed this season but feel doesn't get the recognition it so rightly deserves on blogs as much as it does on YouTube. Comfort Zone was my first introduction to the brand and discovered just how good these little colour Icon palettes really are for the price you pay for.

Comfort Zone consists of easily wearable peachy copper shades and various tones of green, with formulas that gives that lovely creamy feel with shimmers that are so pigmented and so rich, I feel they are just as good as any high-end eyeshadows. I love them! The Green that comes in this palette is not at all offensive and is totally wearable and is often rumoured to be a dupe for Mac's Juxt.


Shades Of Autumn, My Make Up Picks


Although Milani could always be purchased via other websites, I think it's brilliant that they've finally recognised the love and demand for them here in the UK, by finally setting up their own website to purchase from. These baked blushers are iconic amongst us makeup junkies and are loved by everyone including myself. I am a huge fan of these. If you've yet try them or feel shimmery looks aren't really your thing, you're really are missing out and you'll soon change your mind. I have these in many shades as they are so affordable. Full review if you wish to discover more.

Corallina gives off this lovely warm Coral glow that is buildable if you wish to achieve a richer look. Whilst it does show some glitter in the pan, I don't find it transfers onto the cheek at all. The combined tones of the shimmery Gold, Pink and Orange as well as the dominance of the Coral creates this beautiful marble effect that's stunning when swirled together creating a rich, peachy radiance.


Thebalm Cabana Boy Blusher



TheBalm | Cabana Boy Blusher | £15.49

Oh my! This Pink blusher really is gorgeous! This blusher comes included in the palette, In the Balm of your Hand, but can be purchased on its own which I intend to do as at the moment I'm having to keep digging this out, although for travelling, this is ideal. I love this dusty rose shade that compliments Burgundy eyeshadows beautifully! You can detect a subtle plum shimmer in this and looks so lovely on my medium skin tone and also love pairing this up with Urban Decay's Afterglow highlighter in Aura - amazing!


Lipstick shades for the autumn



Urban Decay | Comfort Matte Lipstick | £15.00

I don't normally share much passion for reds as I feel dark shades are a bit too much for me. Time I wore them with a bit more confidence is what's needed. So I have, and have been really enjoy these two I'll be showing you. 

After seeing quite a few more Brown and Terracotta reds on Instagram and really liked the look of those, I thought I'd give one a try. After sampling quite a few from the Mac stand, I ended up at Urban Decay and discovered this one.

These comfort matte lipsticks are really lovely to wear that's non-drying on the lips. Really creamy and comfortable to wear whilst giving excellent pigmentation, and they last a decent amount of time too! Really impressed with these!

L'Oréal | Colour Riche Liya's Red - full review

This is a Red that I bought ages ago and was left lying around at the back of the drawer, as again, didn't have the confidence to wear it. Well I wore it all week whilst I was off work on hols pairing it with just a Black winged liner and discovered it looks so pretty, especially when I have my hair tied back.

A more of a pink-y Red this time but is still warm toned (every lipstick has to be warm toned for me.) The longevity of these formulas from the Colour Riche line are superb and so comfortable too considering it's a drugstore line. I also love the luxurious scent of these, they remind me of a Helena Rubenstein lipstick I had as a teenager as the scent is almost identical. 


Tarte | Rainforest of the Sea Lip Splash in Plummy Rose - full review


Another fabulous matte creamy formula that's so comfortable to wear. Plummy Rose is a more of a neutral pink that's just a shade up from being a nude on me. It's really lovely when teamed up with Bed Rose lip liner from Nyx and when wearing Burgundy shades on the eye.


Nyx | Soft Matte Lip Cream in Abu Dhabi | £5.50

Absolutely been loving this shade when I'm wearing the more neutral browns on the eye and is great for everyday wear. These matte lip creams from Nyx are brilliant for the price, and come in a tonne of shades to choose from, you really are spoilt for choice! They are nicely pigmented and don't find them drying at all, and they smell so good too! I recently wrote a whole blog post on my entire Nyx collection if you've yet to discover this amazing brand.



swatches of autumn makeup picks


  


Have you enjoyed any of these products this Autumn?



                                                                    Toni. xoxo





     









SHARE:

7 comments

  1. I am loving the New-trals vs Neutrals palette this Autumn, too. I have just posted about the L'Oréal reds, but Liya's is one I don't own! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are all some gorgeous products especially the palettes

    Candice | Beauty Candy Loves

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are perfect Autumnal picks! I really love makeup with those colours and vampy lips is what excites me the most :) x

    Mummy’s Beauty Corner

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have the same Morphe palette - the colours are all so gorgeous! X

    ♡ itsjessiejane ♡

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bought comfort zone aaaages ago and haven't used it in forever. It definitely does not get enough love on beauty blogs. Thanks for reminding me to start using it again :D Also love all your lipstick picks :)

    Mili | Sharmtoaster

    ReplyDelete
  6. You really have some nice palettes for the autumn, I have the mac dusky rose palette times nine and I'm really not getting along with it at all I only bought it last weekend too :(. The colour pay off is practically non existent very disappointing.

    I have not tried the Morphe 35P Palette it looks really beautiful but I don't wear purple eye shadpw I'm more of a neutral eye shadow girl. I did however purchase the Morphe 350s and the 35F palettes recently.

    The Make Up revolution newtrals palette I have been eyeing up for some time I'm glad you featured this in your post I think I will go and pick this up tomorrow it as some beautiful colours in it.

    I'm going through a phase with nyx lipsticks at the moment I'm loving the majority of them I love the lip creams abu dhabi and prague are 2 of my most favourite shades then there are the Lip Lingerie I just love them because they are so long wearing and I have recently picked up some of the liquid suede and liking them so my collection of Nyx lipsticks is growing quite quickly.

    I have a couple of the vice lipsticks from urban decay too but they are from the metallic collection I haven't tried the comfort mattes yet this red colour that you chose looks beautiful

    I'm looking forward to reading some of your reviews on some of these product

    Andrea
    beautywithandrea36.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh these products look gorgeous, definitely trying the Morphe palette and the Milani blusher!

    www.upyourvlog.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. I read every one, I really do appreciate it! Don't forget to leave a link of your blog so I can come and view yours. However, this is not an invitation to spam!

Apart from Instagram and Twitter, you can also follow me on my Facebook page Sheer Gloss Beauty Blog.

© Sheer Gloss | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig