A U.K based Beauty Blog created by a makeup enthusiast.

Monday, 14 November 2016

Review : Hylamide HA Blur Primer


Hylamide HA Blur Primer Review


I'm beginning to really love this brand! No one is singled out when it comes to providing products for solutions as they are suitable for everyone! Deciem is having a good spell on the blog as this is the second review published in less than 10 days. So, as you would have probably gathered, Hylamide is another brand that's under the Deciem umbrella, and earlier on this year they released a range of primers from their Finisher Series; HA Blur was one of them, which introduced us to something rather different to the traditional formulas we're used to.




Issues I've faced with traditional formulas

When it comes to primers, many brands choose to use Silica technologies to help scatter light to hide pores and wrinkles and give that blurring effect (not effective enough in my case) whilst at the same time giving the skin that velvety feel. Unfortunately for me, some don't always work well with the foundation I'm using and skin suitability can be another issue too! And whilst trying to achieve that blurred appearance, some can also be quite greasy and slippery in texture which is not something you want to put on when you suffer from oily skin! Ageing is another issue, but that would take me a fortnight to finish griping about, so we won't go there!



New technology from Hylamide

Instead, Hylamide has used new technology in a form of a powder base of Hyaluronic Acid to achieve that blurred appearance; and judging by the reviews, it seems to have made quite an impression amongst beauty bloggers. For me, all it took was one word - BLURRING! Doesn't take much to satisfy my pathetic needs, does it? Also, the price isn't too bad either! £19 for 30ml which isn't what I'd call budget, it isn't what I'd call expensive either! 

As we all know, primers are often used before the application of foundation to help improve texture and seal in moisture so it lasts all day. But we also know is they're not just used for foundation purposes; they can also be worn on its own to help perfect and minimise skin texture. What's great about this one is not only can you apply before your foundation, you can also apply it on top or even mix it too - Pretty cool, huh! So, as I just mentioned. The HA Blur uses a different approach to achieve that blurring effect in a form of a Hyaluronic Acid powder base to help minimise pores and wrinkles. Because it's Hyaluronic based, it comes with the added bonus of creating plumper and more hydrating looking skin (which I found really exciting as anything that says Hyaluronic Acid screams plumpness and younger looking skin!) But what's also interesting is that the formula not only makes it compatible for all skin types, it's also compatible to use with any foundation formula as well. So, it's win, win!


Hylamide HA Blur Primer Review



Hylamide HA Blur Primer Review


The packaging and texture

Ok. Let's get the boring bit out of the way and talk about the packaging. The formula comes in a clinical-looking tube which is livened up by this gorgeous pop of pink. I love it! The tube itself comes wrapped in box-style packaging that opens out which you'll dispose of soon after you've received it. The whitish silicone formula looks likes something that's ready to tackle anything and really means business! Very different to what I'm used to and feels a little thick in texture to begin with. As I apply, it transforms into this clear, lightweight velvety feel that's quite cooling as it hits the skin. My skin feels really smooth whilst it blurrs out my pores and lines on my forehead and other parts of the t-zone. The finish isn't something I would describe as a matte; more of a semi-matte I would say, but enough to see that soft focus look on the skin.




Overall thoughts

No thanks to my combination skin, primers are a must in keeping my foundation in place all day. I've tried quite a few; some I liked but there was never any that I loved enough to give it the holy grail status - until I discovered this one! I really love this a lot! On bare skin, this does give that blurred, soft focus appearance although that does go slightly once I've applied foundation on top but it still looks really nice! Not only does it keep my make up on all day, it also stops the foundation on my nose from disappearing during the course of the day. When it comes to my oily t-zone, whilst it doesn't keep my skin looking super matte all day, it's able to allow just the right amount of oil to seep through, enough to give my skin a healthy glow rather than looking like an oil slick - perfect!

However, just so you know, Hylamide also has a formula especially for oilier skins called Matte 12. There are some really interesting facts behind the formula of this one, so it's definitely worth a read! I was aware of this one at the time but was worried that may have been too mattifying, as I do like a bit of glow going on. That's the trouble with Combination skin, you just never know which way to go.


Hylamide Ha Blur can be purchased directly from Deciem  and from beauty website Look Fantastic.


Have you tried Hylamide Ha Blur?



                                                                          Toni. xoxo












SHARE:

6 comments

  1. I haven't heard of this until now but it sounds really interesting and worth checking out, the matte one might be more for me, thanks for sharing xxx

    ALittleKiran | Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this primer in the summer when my skin was oilier! It's too much for my dry skin but for combo/oily skin it's my go-to!

    xo, Liz
    http://lipstickandconfetti.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This primer always peaks my interest. Most primers don't work for me and make my foundation slide all over the place. The HA Blur and Matte 12 are tempting me to give primers another go. The Ordinary also has a primer available, but it's currently out of stock. Looks like I have a big Deciem order coming up soon..

    Blush & Pearls by Angela

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also love this primer, and I have the Matte 12 and it's not overly mattifying, just a bit better at oil controlling :) x

    Mummy's Beauty Corner

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Perhaps the Matte 12 will be something to look at during the Summertime!xx

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. I read every one, I really do appreciate it! Don't forget to leave a link of your blog so I can come and view yours. However, this is not an invitation to spam!

Apart from Instagram and Twitter, you can also follow me on my Facebook page Sheer Gloss Beauty Blog.

© Sheer Gloss | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig