A U.K based Beauty Blog created by a makeup enthusiast.

Monday, 10 October 2016

The Ordinary - the brand we're all talking about!


The Ordinary


Hi, everyone!

Skincare brand of the moment, Deciem, the umbrella company to other successful brands Niod, Fountain and Hylamide, has got everyone creating a lot of noise and excitement due to their latest creation, The Ordinary.





The Ordinary is an inexpensive range of serum based treatments (to be used along with your normal skincare) that contain specific but often common ingredients to target certain skin issues, such as blemishes, ageing, pigmentation, dehydration, dullness, along with a tonne of others; and what makes this so incredibly exciting is we can now buy these for a fraction of the cost!

For many years, we've always been led to believe that the more you pay, the better the results, and in some cases they'd be right, but that still hasn't stopped our suspicious minds with their reasoning behind the costs of some of these expensive anti-ageing creams - in some cases claiming to have achieved ground breaking technology! Fortunately for us, it seems things are about to change all thanks to this Canadian brand, and is going to transform the way we view and buy skincare from now on, by their decision to create this range based on honesty and integrity, so these ingredients can be accessed by everyone!

The Ordinary



Where to purchase

Over the last month or so, Instagram has been the showcase to witness these pipette styled bottles, (something I'd expect to see in a doctor's cabinet rather than on a dressing table) on various accounts of skincare enthusiasts. But it wasn't until I recently saw a really informative video from MUA YouTube vlogger, Wayne Goss that really caught my attention, and never whipped out my debit card so quick as I did when I saw the price of these serums, costing from as little as £5 to £12.70. They can be ordered from Victoria Health and also direct from Deciem, both UK based.


Do your research first!

Before getting totally carried away, ideally, you need to know a little about this kind of stuff. So you'll need to know your AHA's from your Hyaluronic Acids to buy the right serums that's best for you. As well as the information of each product, Deciem have also included a regimen guide on their website and I think it's really important you read this, as some can't be mixed, and you can also only use a certain amount at any one time which is something that may prove quite difficult; if you're anything like me, you'll want to apply everything!!!!

However, Deciem are excellent at providing everything you need to know and will happily point you in the right direction. I found their Instagram account to be really helpful as there are full of other answered questions too, so you may find yours has already been answered. If not, do ask as their response rate is exceptionally quick!

There are 10 treatments to choose from with further more releases in the pipeline. We have the Buffet, (no, we're not talking vol-au-vents and finger rolls here!) Advanced Retinoid 2%, Rosehip Seed Oil, Lactic Acid 5% + HA 2%, Lactic Acid 10% + 2%, Vitamin C Suspension + HA Spheres 2% to just name a few so there is something for everyone. But like I just said, do your research, spend some time reading their website, and not only will you learn a smidgen of science, you'll soon see why the choice will be difficult because you'll be tempted to have the lot!!!


What I'll be Testing

As much as I wanted to, I refrained from getting too carried away and ordered just two - the Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1% which is meant to tackle blemishes, sebum production and open pores (it was the open pores bit that won me over) and the Hyaluronic Acid 2% + B 5 which is known to act as a water magnet, to help plump the skin and improve hydration. This cost me no more than £13.40 including delivery. I have also pre-ordered the High Adherence Silicone Primer, also from the range costing as little as £3.90. Yep, you heard that right! £3.90! 

Over the coming weeks, I shall be testing these to see if these are anything "but ordinary", probably ordering more as well. One can't help but feel that this time next year, these names will become all too familiar to the rest of joe public and will have a better understanding too!


Have you tried any products from The Ordinary? 





                                                                       Toni. xoxo




SHARE:

8 comments

  1. I am currently testing the exact same two products and I'm really hoping to see them working for me :) Will be surely buying the primer as well! x

    Mummy’s Beauty Corner

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Let's hope we both get the results we're after. xx

      Delete
  2. I haven't bought anything from this brand yet but fully intend to. I'm looking forward to reading a full review when you've been using them for a while! xx

    Beautylymin| Kat Von D Contour Palette & brush Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am testing the 2% Retinoid, 10% Niacimanide and 10% Lactic Acid and so far my skin is loving them. The reason I didn't pick up the Hyraluronic Acid is because I was sent one from Nip+Fab so I want to finish that first. I use Niacimanide both day and night, only a couple of drops and then once every two night mixed with Retinoid. I use the Lactic Acid once a week but that's because I have other very gentle acid exfoliator.

    I have seen improvements in my skin after almost a week of using the combo and I'm glad The Ordinary changing the skincare market. I can't believe how expensive other companies charge consumers!

    Shireen | Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am currently testing the Lactic Acid! I hope it works!

    Kate | katelovesmakeup.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are on my purchase list - I'll be awaiting your review!

    Angela / Blush & Pearls

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can't wait to read your review! i've been seeing their products everywhere and am so interested! Definitely want to try some out for myself :)

    xx
    Nida | Caked To The Nines

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. I read every one, I really do appreciate it! Don't forget to leave a link of your blog so I can come and view yours. However, this is not an invitation to spam!

Apart from Instagram and Twitter, you can also follow me on my Facebook page Sheer Gloss Beauty Blog.

© Sheer Gloss | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig