A U.K based Beauty Blog created by a makeup enthusiast.

Monday, 3 October 2016

Product Empties #2


Product Empties #2

Product empties is a post I always forget to do!!! I keep a little gift bag under my dressing table just for these and is often filled with everyday skincare, as to actually finish a makeup product (unless it reached holy grail status for that moment) is a once in blue moon activity! There's quite a few to get through, so I'll try and make these short and sweet! 




These body lotions from Dove do exactly what they're meant to do and are great at providing soft smooth scented skin on a budget. Have repurchased these loads of times and will continue to do so. I may even pick up their new body oil which also comes in the same scent.  


A product that needs no introduction and is loved by millions. I always buy the smaller one as it's just great to just pack and go when travelling. This is a really simple but effective makeup remover that removes in just a couple of swipes, even including mascara. This can also be used to cleanse, or for just a quick freshen up as well, leaving it clean and soft without any irritation.  

Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish 100ml | £15.50 for starter kit

If you're looking to splurge a bit more on a cleanser, I cannot recommend Cleanse and Polish enough! This product has received cult status and its with good reason. I absolutely adore this cleanser and wrote a whole blog post on this a few months back. Smells divine, cleanses like a salon treatment, leaves your skin beautiful! 


I think I must be the only person in the country that doesn't get the hype surrounding this dry shampoo. I find it just does nothing for my oily scalp unless I spray a tonne of product leaving me what feels like a half a can left! I know it's not meant to leave that white stuff behind, but unfortunately without seeing something, there's no knowing how much I've applied. I'll stick to Batiste or even Superdrug's own brand. I know where I am with these! 









Co-Washing products can be rather expensive! So when I discovered this one from Superdrug, I grabbed it! Admittedly, this product was not used on my own hair but my daughter's as she has very thick curly hair.  I thought it would be worthy of a mention as dry hair is such a common problem. She tried to get on with the co-washing method which is what this product is for. 

If you're not familiar with co-washing, it's aimed for people with very dry or curly hair - curly girls problems as they call it, that find the formulas in normal shampoo products too drying, and strips their hair leaving it dull and frizzy! It's a bit like washing your hair with a conditioner although the product is a bit more than that. You can use this in-between washes from your normal shampoo so your hair is washed with the assistance of added hydration.

We find these types of products work brilliantly as leave-in conditioners too as they are so light-weight, and the other great thing is they don't contain any Sulphates, no Silicones and no Parabens. They smell really gorgeous too! I've also taken the decision to buy these non Sulphate and non Silicone shampoos in general now as my daughter at times suffers eczema which the sulphates (that provides that soapy lather) irritates her scalp leaving it dry and flaky; and believe it or not, can also affect the skin on the rest of her body too as it comes into contact when she's washing her hair in the shower. 


This was part of an Elemis Set I got from QVC before the Summer and also wrote a blog post on it. I had really high hopes for this lightweight serum, but once again it did absolutely nothing for me. My skin looks no different, so I'm really glad I didn't purchase this on its own as its not cheap! 


Now this travel size product from the same collection was really lovely, and removed my eye makeup quickly and effectively including waterproof mascara! I felt it conditioned my lashes too! 



During the Summer months, I always turn to this serum as it gives me the right amount hydration, and is super light-weight too so it doesn't make my skin feel greasy! I find this really affordable for what it does. 


According to Pinterest, this is the product that's meant to be a dupe for the HD Loose Powder by Make Up For Ever. I've used and loved this product for so long! I've repurchased this about 3 times, and each pot lasts me a good 8 months too! However, now it's finished, I feel it's time to try something else. It gives my skin that soft focus with radiance look that I'm after but at the same time keeping my skin matte. I don't get that white cast look with this because of the method of application I use. As you'll probably know, I suffer with an oily t-zone. I find the best way to apply this is with the large thick puff that comes with it (not those thin ones). I just pat a roll the puff over my t-zone which helps push the product on the skin so it sets.  

Unfortunately, lately, I'm finding once I get halfway through the pot, the formula starts to bind together a little and leaves little white dots on my face after I've applied. The only other thing, I wished it gave me a more blurred appearance and limit that awful look of my open pores although I think sometimes when you've used product for so long, you no longer notice the effect it once had as you did when you first bought it. As in saying that, I can see me going back to this. 


This is such a great little cleanser for disinfecting and cleaning your brushes quickly. I think it's so important to clean your brushes as not only does this helps prevent bacteria growth, it ensures you apply the true colours of whatever product you're using. Just spray onto brush and swirl onto a cotton pad and your done.  

The Body Shop Body Butter in Glazed Apple and Soap and Glory Butter Yourself Body Butter (travel size)

The body butter from the Body Shop was  purchased in the sale just before for my hols. They smell so scrumptious don't they? I got quite tanned on my hols and this product helped to keep my skin moisturised during those dry moments whilst giving me that refreshing apple scent! 

Thanks to a Christmas gift, I totally forgot I had more of these travel size body butters from Soap and Glory, and we all know how fab they smell.


Have you used any of these products? Which products have you finished lately?




                                                                         Toni. xoxo





SHARE:

6 comments

  1. I always buy one Garnier micellar water in a smaller packaging, it is so easy to take it with you while travelling! I have done only one empties post, I think it's time to do another one but I keep neglecting it!

    Yiota
    PinkDaisyLoves

    ReplyDelete
  2. It always feel great to completely finish a product! I also just finished the e.l.f. Finishing Powder and really enjoyed it. Currently using the Rimmel Stay Matte powder, which is also a goodie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nope, you're not the only one who don't get the hype about Colab dry shampoo, I bought London too and while it doesn't make my hair feel like straws, it also didn't do much. :-( I have tried Batiste, Klorane and both made my hair feel like hay so the search continues.

    ps: Followed you on BlogLovin and Twitter, am loving your blog! xx

    Shireen | Reflection of Sanity

    ps:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww Shireen, thank you so much! Haha, separated at birth and all that (private joke.) I love, and have been following your blog for a good while now. xx

      Delete
  4. I love empties posts! I think I must be the only person not to love Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish! xx

    Beautylymin| Kat Von D Contour Palette & brush Giveaway

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. I read every one, I really do appreciate it! Don't forget to leave a link of your blog so I can come and view yours. However, this is not an invitation to spam!

Apart from Instagram and Twitter, you can also follow me on my Facebook page Sheer Gloss Beauty Blog.

© Sheer Gloss | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig