A U.K based Beauty Blog created by a makeup enthusiast.

Monday, 31 October 2016

Looking for a gentle highlighter on a budget? I might just have the answer, and it's one I absolutely love!


Wet n Wild Colour Icon Bronzer Reserve Your Cabana as a Highlighter

Hi everyone. Happy Halloween!

Today, I'm sharing with you a product that's an absolute gem in my view, and one that I can't stop wearing despite owning some real high-end beauties in my collection - Wet n Wild Colour Icon Bronzer in Reserve Your Cabana - but not as a bronzer - as a highlighter! If you're after a gentle highlighter on a budget and have really struggled to find one, then this one could definitely fit the bill. 

If you use Wet n Wild on a regular basis, you'll probably be familiar with the 3 shades that form part of the Colour Icon bronzer range. A shade called Reserve Your Cabana is the lightest of the 3 and was specifically formulated for people with very pale skin tones, but to my discovery earlier on this year this makes a fabulous everyday highlighter as well.



Most highlighters are either Yellow toned, Pink toned or even Peach toned that can give an iridescent colour beneath that glow which is really beautiful. Under artificial light, their intensity is needed, but for everyday wear unless you apply with a light hand most can come off quite strong which can accentuate fine lines and uneven texture. However, you can't argue the beauty of their intensity can you?! And it certainly hasn't stopped me from enjoying them from time to time. But what's so different about this one is the glow I get is so natural and wearable you'd think it had come from the natural oils of your own skin.  

Wet n Wild Colour Icon Bronzer Reserve Your Cabana

The beautiful natural glow


What I love and what's also rather clever and is key to why Reserve Your Cabana works so well as a gentle highlighter, is not only it's ability to give this subtle luminous shimmer without transferring as an actual shimmer, it's this gentle warm champagne hue that's not too warm but not too cool either, and that makes it ideal for my neutral undertone. As well a being ideal for my undertone, Reserve Your Cabana creates this sheen that shows very little colour beneath it which is something I've not seen with many highlighters. Once on the skin, this soft luminous glow looks as though the light has been turned down a notch, or even diffused perhaps compared to other highlighters. When applied to the usual highlighted areas, very little texture is shown and the glow looks like it's come from your foundation or from the natural oils of your skin rather than looking like you've applied a separate product. I absolutely love it!

The product comes in a bob standard compact that's kinda reminiscent of when I first started wearing makeup which feels like 100 years ago (haha!) and there's also a large sun design that's featured on the surface of the formula itself - after all, it is meant to be a bronzer! The texture is so finely milled and smooth, making it almost creamy-like to the touch. And it blends so beautifully too! It also comes with a SPF15. The swatches below doesn't do it any justice at all. You'll need to see it on you to get the true effect - you're just going to have to trust me on this one!

Where to buy


You're getting a lot for your money here - 13.0g compared to the usual 9-10g for your standard bronzer - not forgetting this is still a bronzer. I paid around £6.00 for this from Amazon UK, and unfortunately the only place you can buy this for now which can be so annoying as prices can fluctuate from time to time. I've bellowed quite often on the blog that I wished Wet n Wild was available on our high street as it really is a super little brand for what you pay for. If you live in the States, it's even cheaper, and I'm sure you guys know all too well just how inexpensive this product is - on offer at $2.99 at Walgreens at the mo, lucky you!

Could it be a dupe?

Despite sharing a real soft spot for this product, I'm on the hunt for a higher-end dupe which is a rather unusual thing to do as we're so often trying to find a cheaper alternative - not the other way round! On YouTube, Dim Light by Hourglass and one that's on my wish list has often been labelled a dupe - not one that springs to mind when you first see it, but once applied apparently they look very similar.
  


Wet n Wild Colour Icon Bronzer Reserve Your Cabana

As you can see, it's well used and I've nearly hit pan. 

Wet n Wild Colour Icon Bronzer Reserve Your Cabana Swatches

(Excuse the scratch on my arm. I recently built about a billion Christmas trees for work - ouch!) 

Have you tried Reserve Your Cabana?



                                                                            Toni. xoxo


SHARE:

3 comments

  1. Ooooo, I had no idea that this swatched this light like a highlighter. I have been trying to look for Essence Pure Nude as a highlighter after KathleenLights raving about it but have yet to see it here. Will look out for this instead, thank you for the recommendation.

    Reflection of Sanity | b·liv Skincare Set Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've only just recently heard about the Essence highlighter too. I was going to have a look and see if it's available on our Essence display. xx

      Delete
  2. I love subtle highlighters which give natural radiance rather then intense shimmer, hence my love for Hourglass powders :) Will definitely check out this bronzer/highlighter as it sounds like something I would definitely enjoy using :) x

    Mummy’s Beauty Corner

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. I read every one, I really do appreciate it! Don't forget to leave a link of your blog so I can come and view yours. However, this is not an invitation to spam!

Apart from Instagram and Twitter, you can also follow me on my Facebook page Sheer Gloss Beauty Blog.

© Sheer Gloss | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig