A U.K based Beauty Blog created by a makeup enthusiast.

Friday, 14 October 2016

Discovering Sheet Masks and How I Got 11 For Under a Tenner!

Tony Moly Sheet Masks

Skincare treatments that involve you resembling something like "Phantom of the Opera" or a "horror movie" have become quite a regular scene on our shores for sometime now, and this is all thanks to the same region that brought you the original BB cream which is - Korea (South.)  



Korean Skincare

Having an exceptionally good skincare regime plays an important role for the Koreans, which  certainly seems to pay off, as they are admired for their flawless skin. They firmly believe that prevention is key rather than waiting for the problem to happen as they see skincare as an essential rather than an indulgence. When you compare their regime to ours, several extra steps are included in their daily ritual, with the use of products such as essence lotions and extra cleansing formulations to double cleanse (something else that has taken hold here) are to just name a few, and not forgetting to use that all important sunblock.

As these things usually do, whenever word gets round with regards to any new product that's arrived over here, including theirs, it wasn't too long before we all wanted to try some. Although there are others I'd rather skip on as some are formulated with some rather odd but not unheard of concoctions, such as snail slime (nah!.... you're alright, love!) But the one product I've heard everyone rave about, time and time again is Sheet Masks. 


If you don't know what sheet masks are!

No, this doesn't mean it's time to toss your mud masks in the bin! You'll still need those for deep down cleansing. These are cut-out cloth masks that are saturated with serum based natural ingredients, aiming to help deliver instant moisture and goodness, amongst other things, whilst wearing them for 20 or so minutes, or until they dry out. There are so many different ones to choose from now, including some really hilarious animal themed ones, haha! I tried a sheep one! My kids, who are now at high school age didn't quite know whether to look at me with bemusement or disgust! (Tutt!), Kids eh!


This animal sheet mask was purchased from TK Maxx £1.99.


Tony Moly Sheet Masks



TonyMoly I'm Real Sheet Masks

I originally heard all about these from TonyMoly (sounds like an ice cream seller, although not a real person's name I hasten to add. It actually means "putting style into packaging") from one of my favourites beauty bloggers, The Sunday Girl, and even she admits she's a little addicted to these! So I thought lets see what all the fuss is about!

First of all, you've just got to give credit where it's due. The Koreans really know how to package their products, you have to applaud their innovations. It's cuteness overload in this part of the world as I discovered many years ago on a visit to Singapore and Kuala Lumpa, as the likes of Hello Kitty and Pokémon style characters were everywhere!

As for these sheet masks, I love the fab bright, colourful packaging even though they do look a bit gimmicky! Aren't these fun! I love these so much, it almost seems a shame to use them. Each foodie themed mask is soaked with ingredients targeted for whatever skin requirements you need. I really wished I bought these sooner, especially during the Summer, as they are incredibly cooling and refreshing and would have been ideal to use after my sweaty shift at work. And I bet the Koreans appreciate these too, as they have to endure an even warmer climate than ours!

I've only used a few, but the ones I have used have been really lovely and a joy to use, my skin felt really soft and they smell nice too - although I've not yet tried the Broccoli one! Unlike mud masks, I haven't experienced any tightness like you do when using those, probably because mud masks tend extract grime from your skin whereas these, I feel their purpose is to layer and inject more. Plus, because they feel so light-weight, wearing them for 20 minutes or more isn't an issue.  Not quite sure if they're meant to make a huge difference with regular use; I suppose, only time will tell. However, if you're after something to give your skin a little pick me up or add a bit of fun to your skincare routine, then I definitely recommend these!


Where to buy

I bought a pack of 11 (strange number?!) from Amazon UK with free delivery. I've also seen these go for £23.00 for a pack of 33! Which makes this an even bigger saving for the devoted fan. These do take a while to arrive as they come from Korea. About 3 weeks in total. You could however buy these also from Cult Beauty although they are more expensive. Setting you back around the £5 mark for each one! I've also seen a couple of these floating around in TK Maxx for £1.99 each.


Tony Moly Panda's Dream So Cool Eye Stick


TonyMoly Panda's Dream Eye Stick

As for this little fella, I also bought him from Amazon, as it was way cheaper than Cult Beauty. I only paid about £4 for him, but unfortunately that seller doesn't appear to be still available on Amazon and I've seen these go for around the £8 mark these days.

So what's he meant to do? Now, lets be honest! My eye bags are beyond repair here. So I wasn't looking for some miracle product! It's a portable cooling moisturising eye brightening stick, that's meant to revive the skin around your eye area when you're feeling tired, by making them brighter, and is formulated with bamboo extracts. The moisturising properties is meant to minimise fine lines and wrinkles and can also be used as a base.

If you check the reviews on Amazon, they absolutely love him! Lot's of people have claimed it reduced their puffy eye area and found it really cooling also! However, I have to disagree! I didn't think it did anything for me apart from whitening the eye area a little. It didn't exactly blew me away! Perhaps if you've got really pale skin that may help as I'm more medium toned. I have to be a bit careful when I apply, and not go overboard, otherwise I end up looking like I've got flashback! Haha! As for a base, I wasn't quite sure if was meant to be used as a base for your concealer, eyeshadow or both! I do find that my concealer does stay on a bit longer, although depending on the formula, it can crease a little.

But I'll let him off as he's cute. I won't toss him in the bin just yet! For now, he can sit on my dressing table and keep me company.


Tony Moly Panda's Dream So Cool Eye Stick


Have you tried any products from TonyMoly? What are your favourite sheet masks?



                                                                      Toni. xoxo 






SHARE:

6 comments

  1. I've not tried much from TonyMoly but have tried Missha and THEFACESHOP. I had no idea that you've been to Singapore and Kuala Lumpur, I lived and worked in KL for more than 17 years.

    Shireen | Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh wow, really! Mind you, it was a long time ago, although it is possible we was both there at the same time. xx

      Delete
  2. Loving Korean skincare and I've been planning to pick up some TonyMoly masks. Currently using The Body Shop Eyescube stick for some cooling under-eye action, but that panda is too cute!

    Angela / Blush & Pearls

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've recently gotten into K-beauty and sheet masks and have been eyeing those Tonymoly masks. They seem to be everywhere! That amazon deal is soo good, I'm pretty sure they have a similar deal on the amazon US site. I also have that tonymoly panda stick but unfortunately it doesn't do much for me either :( Oh well, at least it's cute to look at :)

    Mili | Sharmtoaster

    ReplyDelete
  4. The TonyMoly masks look lovely, and they are so affordable! Great post!
    Grace xx
    http://gracexkate.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. They're so cute! Gotta love Korean skincare. I'm currently having a Fresh Sugar Rose Lip Treatment giveaway and will have a new giveaway every Friday with products from UD, Too Faced, Fresh, Hourglass, Buxom and more. You should come check it out!
    Https://www.bluecanyoncorner.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. I read every one, I really do appreciate it! Don't forget to leave a link of your blog so I can come and view yours. However, this is not an invitation to spam!

Apart from Instagram and Twitter, you can also follow me on my Facebook page Sheer Gloss Beauty Blog.

© Sheer Gloss | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig