A U.K based Beauty Blog created by a makeup enthusiast.

Friday, 7 October 2016

Autumn Wish List





Thanks to my kids, the little cherubs, I'm full of cold at the mo and sound like Darth Vader! Hopefully, this'll be long gone before I go away for a little holiday, and thought in the meantime I'll create my very first wish list full of expensive goodies to buy whilst away, here on the blog! I mean, who doesn't have expensive taste? Knowing my luck I'll probably end up adding some of these to my Christmas wish list. 





Let's get the most expensive and most anticipated release of Autumn 2016 out of the way first, and that's to be the limited edition, Surreal Light Palette by skin glow masters - Hourglass.

To admit I don't own a single product from them is like saying I never saw the film E.T as a kid. I think it's about time I changed that, but at a jaw droppinly £69!!! I really can't see this happening; not from my budget, anyway. I think even as a Christmas gift, hubby will think I've totally lost it and won't feel it's justified to splurge on just a single item. By the time Christmas arrives it'll probably be long gone anyway! However, until then, I can drool and purr over the marble effect design as it's absolutely to die for! It's beautiful, isn't it? It contains a radiant Pink/Peach marble effect blush, a glimmering Peach powder, a peony shade for some added glow, a bronzer containing that sublime natural warmth and finally, a nude finishing powder that gives a finish to perfection. 



Still on Hourglass, I want to finally discover what's the buzz surrounding with this Ambient Light Powder, as I feel it's been featured on every blog! The splurge on this is probably more obtainable, I just need to decided which shade to go for - probably leaning towards more to the Dim Light shade. 

I'm all for that candle light finish on my skin and I'm hoping these finishing powders will give me that exquisite soft focus radiance that I'm after without emphasising any texture.  



I love that revitalising and refreshing feel that fruity bath and body products can give you, so I was over the moon to discover the Yes To range had arrived at Boots - except, just not my one! Grrrr!!!!  I heard so many good things about these, and I also wanted to check out to see if their shampoos contain any sulfates for my eczema prone daughter. 




Charlotte Tilbury finally arrived at one of our independent dept stores, Jarrods in Norwich during the Summer season which I've only been able to visit once. I don't know if it's just me, I feel as the weather becomes more colder and darker, I feel the need to use more luxurious products as I kind of associate these during that time of year. Weird I know! 

I know I own tons of lipsticks but I always feel there should always be room for a couple of those true luxuries in your collection, which unfortunately don't own many of. I also wanted to compare the shades on me like I've seen on her website, which is a simple process by providing your skin shade that will determine which colour will suit you. I want a much brighter shade this time, as I have enough nudes to last me a lifetime! I'm also eyeing up Amazing Grace too!



Deciem, the abnormal company has been creating an awful lot of excitement this year, what with the release of their other brands Niod, The Ordinary, Fountain as well as Hylamide. This is another product I'm hoping will give me the results I'm after. I've heard so many great things about this primer, as of lately, I'm just not feeling the love with my existing primers. I've become a bit obsessed trying to achieve that blurring effect and the need to minimise the look of my open pores as my aging skin begins to lose gravity. 



Do any of these feature on your wish list? 




                                                                     Toni. Xoxo


SHARE:

7 comments

  1. I can highly recommend the HA Blur primer, is really good, not great at keeping the skin matte and the blurring effect is great without the greasy silicon-y feeling.
    I just got the Hourglass palette, eek, I bought it when SpaceNK had an offer £15 off purchases over £60 (still on by the way)so it made the splurge less painful. It's a ridiculous price, I admit but I've been loving so much the palette from last year that I just had to have the new one :) x

    Mummy’s Beauty Corner

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've just ordered the hourglass palette from SpaceNK with their £15 off offer which has made it a little more bearable! It will be my first hourglass product too, need to see what all the hype is about! I thought the palette would be a good way to try a few of their other products too. Far excited for it to come now! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like Dagmara, I too can highly recommend the HA Blur primer, it's by far one of the best primers that I have ever used. I think I might even like it a touch bit more than my Hourglass Veil Mineral primer. My skin looks like porcelain with it!

    I also have Dim Light but it took me many months to fall in love with it. I bought it early this year and only started reaching for it everyday last month. So it's a hit and miss product, some fall in love with it instantly, others like me take some time and then some just don't see the differences it makes to the skin.

    Shireen | Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your input, ladies! :) xx

      Delete
  4. Love this, that lipstick looks like a perfect colour! x

    adelelydia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your Wishlist!!! Its the same as mine!! I would really really love to get my hands on the hourglass palette! Thanks for sharing!

    I write Mademoiselle Meets Maquillage and Macaroons and I would love for you to give it a read, maybe we can follow each other on social media?

    www.mademoisellemeetsmaquillageandmacaroons.com

    Deepti xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. I read every one, I really do appreciate it! Don't forget to leave a link of your blog so I can come and view yours. However, this is not an invitation to spam!

Apart from Instagram and Twitter, you can also follow me on my Facebook page Sheer Gloss Beauty Blog.

© Sheer Gloss | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig