A U.K based Beauty Blog created by a makeup enthusiast.

Monday, 8 August 2016

The Fragrance Wardrobe #Summer


Jean Paul Gaultier Classique, Balenciaga Florabotanica


Jean Paul Gaultier Classique, Balenciaga Florabotanica

There's nothing quite as luxurious a bottle of perfume, is there?! A fragrance from an atomiser can say so much about you as we all have our own signature scent. I like my fragrance to communicate as much as possible but in an uplifting, sensuous but delicate and dreamy manner, by captivating their senses leaving them wondering and intrigued by the heavenly scent. 

When it comes to any perfume, I stay well away from that heavy cloying scent and tend to gravitate towards either fresh, delicate florals, perhaps slightly fruity and sometimes the odd woody notes maybe thrown in. Today, I'm sharing you my two loves I've been enjoying this Summer. 



"A woman who doesn't wear perfume has no future" - Coco Chanel

Jean Paul Gaultier Classique


The corset designed bottle is a familiar sight to us all, as no person on this earth would never not recognise this iconic fragrance. This Summer, I was absolutely devastated to discover that they no longer produce the Summer Classique I'd been buying for as long as I can remember. The Summer Classique had a slightly fresher twist compared to the original, and it's these lighter fresher fragrances that I really do love and is a must for me during the sticky warmer months; I like to leave behind the heavy stronger sensual scents that I wear during the colder months. I know they produced the Betty Boop designed bottle, which does smell gorgeous, I wasn't prepared to part with £60 odd quid just for a bottle perfume. 

I took a gamble and bought this one, but I needn't had worried as it's not very heavy at all. In fact, it's perfect for this time of year. It's a beautiful floral oriental fragrance that consists of top notes of Rose, the middle notes of Orange blossom which I adore, and Vanilla, with the base notes of 
Sandalwood. Beautiful!!!


"A women's perfume tells more about her than her handwriting" - Christian Dior.


Balenciaga Florabotanica


Be prepare to adore!!! The bold black and white design centred of the atomiser itself gives an intriguing look and modern edge to this bottle. Exquisitely fragranced that is absolutely divine, this will be something you will not have smelt before because it is so different, you mark my words! Even Nic from Pixiwoo commented on the scent when I last popped by the studios. 

When I first sprayed this, I'll be honest, I wasn't too sure of the initial scent but it wasn't until a few hours later I kept wondering "what is that gorgeous smell?" Then realised it was this! So it was sold! 

These hypnotic notes are inspired by the 18th century botanical gardens, which is infused with Rose, Carnation, Caladium Folia and Amber, also including a fresh twist of Mint. You have to smell it to believe it, and is one I will definite repurchase. 




What fragrances have you been enjoying this Summer? 



                                                                            Toni. Xoxo



SHARE:

4 comments

  1. Oh wow, you featured two perfumes that I have never even sniffed before! I am interested in JPG though since you mentioned Sandalwood. My two signature scents are J'Adore by Dior for Spring and Summer, and Angel by Theirry Mugler for Autumn and Winter.

    Shireen | Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
  2. Could you believe I have never taken a whiff of any of these scents! I will definitely be looking them up!
    Angie | Chocolate & Lipstick | Beauty, Fashion & Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the shape of JP and i have this big issue of being attached to my fav perfume green DKNY!!! Lord!!!! I have over 120 diff perfume and only use one cud u believe it? Dominica from www.its-dominica.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the sandalwood scent. Thanks for list

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. I read every one, I really do appreciate it! Don't forget to leave a link of your blog so I can come and view yours. However, this is not an invitation to spam!

Apart from Instagram and Twitter, you can also follow me on my Facebook page Sheer Gloss Beauty Blog.

© Sheer Gloss | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig