A U.K based Beauty Blog created by a makeup enthusiast.

Monday, 1 August 2016

Pack 'n' Go! Holiday Essentials




By the time this goes out live, I'll be well on my way for a nice long break! Due to my annoying fear of flying, (although never use to be!) it's a staycation for us this year at Butlins. I'm so looking forward to having everything done for me for a change. No cooking, cleaning and washing, 2 weeks off work and someone else to entertain the kids for a while, even though they're no longer babies. Oh! Just so you'll know! There will be only one post this week and next!

Yes, you may think this is a rather bizarre concoction of products that's featured here, but rather than share everything but the kitchen sink, I thought I'd share the few that help me spend less time stuck in a hotel room getting ready, and more getting out and about enjoying the sights.   




Honeymania Shower Gel | 60ml travel size | £2.00 and Indian Night Jasmine | 60ml | £1.00, both in store from The Body Shop. 

Grabbed these recently from their ever popular sale, which I feel have got better and better in recent years. These smaller travel sized products are an absolute godsend to pack which for me can only mean one thing, more room for more lippies, haha! The soap-free scent from Honeymania is just wonderful! Fresh with the added floral scent of Wildflowers making this versatile for use either morning or evening. I also picked up Indian Night Jasmine as I do like an assortment of fragrances to use throughout the week. This was only a quid, so I thought " yep, that'll do me!" 




Oily roots is my middle name, and having to wash my hair every 2 days especially if I wear it down, is nothing more than an added annoyance that I can do without! Dry shampoo gurus - Batiste always ensure oiliness is kept at bay whilst also assisting my hair with some much needed volume as well as keeping it gloriously fresh smelling throughout the day. Strange as it may seem, I actually quite like the fact that it leaves behind that white-ish powdery look before you brush to remove, as I can see the oil being absorbed and banished before my eyes! Save even less time by applying before you go to bed! There was no more of the Cheeky Cherry fragrance in stock so I thought I'd try this floral scented one instead!


Admittedly, this is my daughter's product to help tame, detangle and de-frizz her thick and very curly hair (so lucky!) I love to use this for adding extra hydration to the ends of my hair which is great for those moments when you've just come out of the swimming pool, as chlorine can be quite drying. Amazing product that gives so much for under a fiver!




My kids prefer to use this rather than applying from the bottle as it just doesn't feel so thick, sticky and icky! I originally bought this for my hands. No I haven't gone mad! I cycle a lot, and I'm starting to get these unsightly age/sun spots on the back my hands which you don't realize just how much they attract the sun. It's the only way I can apply sun cream to the back of my hands without having to wash them afterwards - genius!   


Again, a smaller size which is perfect for travelling, for removing every trace of makeup or for a quick freshen up in the mornings.


If you've been following me for a while now, you'll know just how much I love this product. Got to keep on top of my daily de-buff skin production and this does just the job by removing gently without any irritation.



Assortment Cream Eyeshadows | Maybelline £4.99 & Mac Paint Pots £16.00 

I know! You're gonna see a lot of these in future posts. Perhaps it's time I started doing these monthly favourites post! The quick and ease of these cream shadows are just a dream for creating stunning eye looks in no time at all, and they stay all day too! Pair anything and everything with neutral shades, it's a no brainer!




In the Balm of Your Hand | The Balm | £30-£35     

Even though I purchased this back at IMATS in June, I still haven't managed to have a good play around with this all in one face palette. Amongst other iconic gems like May-Lou Manizer and the Instain Blush in Argyle, it also contains one of my most favourite bronzers, Bahama Mama. There's no denying, that this is going to be a great travel palette, eh?! As it also includes 2 lippies and 4 eyeshadows as well. I'm really looking forward to using this and hopefully, should this still be available to purchase, it'll be in a future post!


Travel Toiletry Bag by Victoria Green

If you haven't yet discovered the insanely cute and pretty range of toiletry and makeup bags from Victoria Green, then I suggest you pop down to your nearest Debenhams. Designs that not too dissimilar to Cath Kidston and Orla Kiely bring a cheerful feel whilst packing your toothbrush. Prices start from just £5.00. 


What are your essentials for travelling? What sample sizes do you use?  



                                                                      Toni. xoxo











SHARE:

4 comments

  1. I love the Pixi Glow Tonic and always pack at least one Maybelline Colour Tattoo for a quick and easy product on my eyes :)

    Jasmine xx

    Jasmine Talks Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want to try Pixi Glow Tonic and love that they do a travel-size version! Lovely post, such good products!

    L x www.aestheticalblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the sound of the leave in conditioner! That theBlam palette is perfect for holidays! Hope you have a great time! xx

    Beautylymin| Abercrombie & Fitch First Instinct Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah! I have a serious fear of flying too so I stay put. I wish I had a lovely Staycation to look forward to...I did get back from a week at my mums which was lovely as it meant no stressing about feeding the babies or entertaining them but now I'm home and its back to the daily grind. I love the Nivea sun lotion for my kids and had no idea you could get a roll on version. Will deffo be picking that up next time I'm in Boots xxx
    Sal | UmmBaby Beauty

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. I read every one, I really do appreciate it! Don't forget to leave a link of your blog so I can come and view yours. However, this is not an invitation to spam!

Apart from Instagram and Twitter, you can also follow me on my Facebook page Sheer Gloss Beauty Blog.

© Sheer Gloss | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig