A U.K based Beauty Blog created by a makeup enthusiast.

Wednesday, 24 August 2016

Mini Haul From Space.NK

Becca x Jaclyn Hill Champange Split in Flowerchild/ Champange Pop & Emma Hardie Amazing Face Starter Kit

Look at me publishing on a Wednesday!

When visiting unexplored territories, it's always a real treat when you discover and browse around stores that you don't have closer to home. Space.NK is one of them, and I haven't shopped there since leaving ole London Town, 20 odd years ago, (I know! Way too long!) My nearest store is now Cambridge, which is a good 2 hrs away by train. So we really could do with one in Norwich. Something that is long-overdue in my humble opinion, which has one of the few decent shopping areas in all of East Anglia.   



Visiting Space.NK:

So it was whilst on holiday, I caught up with one of my makeup artist friends who lives in the lovely town of Chichester, and when she told me they had a Space.NK, "I squealed with excitement!" Shopping with a fellow makeup enthusiast is so much fun! You share your views on the good, the bad and the ugly products, and another thing I find, for some reason I actually end up spending less! 

As she has a Space.NK on her doorstep, she was able to show me around and share some of her views on the skincare brands we all know and love. Because I loved the store so much, I managed to pay a second visit during the same week. "Grab the opportunity while you can" I thought, and picked up these two bits in the process - Emma Hardie Amazing Face Starter Kit and one of the Champagne Splits by Becca with their collaboration with YouTube Vlogger, Jaclyn Hill.


My thoughts on collaborations:

I'm probably going to sound like a real grouch here as I'll admit...I'm not a massive fan of these collaborations. To me, they're nothing more than a "circus", creating a frenzy amongst fans, encouraging then to ambush and race to the finishing line just like they do on Black Friday by producing such a tiny amount. Don't get me wrong! I totally get a fan's excitement when one of their favourite YouTubers team up with their favourite makeup brand. Of course, it must be exciting! But for me...nah! I can't be bothered with all that nonsense!

Anyway, I thought I'd share with you my first impressions of these latest buys. I'll also be sharing more holiday buys in another post coming up soon.


Becca x Jaclyn Hill Champange Split in Flowerchild/ Champange Pop

Becca x Jaclyn Hill Champange Split in Flowerchild/ Champange Pop


Becca x Jaclyn Hill Champange Split in Flowerchild/ Champange Pop Swatches


Becca/Jaclyn Hill Champagne Split Highlighter: 


I was initially after a blusher from Hourglass but they didn't stock very much from this brand. Just a couple of bits including that super expensive 6 pan palette that everyone raves about, and the Ambient Light Bronzer. Perhaps I'll save the Hourglass for a Christmas wish list. Then I noticed the Champagne Splits by the till to which the cashier and I began to drool over! I've always wanted to try a highlighter from Becca and thought as a blusher was also included it would be a great way to try both! At the moment, this is out of stock from Space.NK online but do check your local store. After all, the Becca & Jaclyn Hill palette did arrive back in stock didn't it?

I'm quite tanned at the moment and whilst the shade Pamplemousse would have been better suited to my complexion I wasn't keen on the Prosecco Pop highlighter that came with it as I thought it looked too yellow for me. So I opted for Flowerchild/Champagne Pop instead, thinking the shade will be fine once my tan had worn off and during the colder months.


The formula:

Just like I imagined. These highlighters from Becca have got class! Despite this glow having a bit of a kick to it, the formula layers up beautifully and is definitely a great one for us mature skinned folk as it isn't at all glittery. But more importantly, I love that I can build up the product without it starting to break apart or just doesn't sit well like some highlighters do. 

The shade is gorgeous, isn't it? It has a nice amount of warmth to it without it looking too yellow, and looks stunning when paired with the pink-y peach tone of Flowerchild on my tanned complexion, providing that youthful look; although I do have to build up Flowerchild more for it to show.

But wait! Let's not forget that beautiful packaging! I mean...just look at it! Whilst I never fell head over heels in love with their original brown compacts (sorry! They just don't float my boat!) Anything that's packaged in gold or chrome especially together, certainly gets my attention!


Emma Hardie Amazing Face Starter Kit

Emma Hardie Moringa Cleansing Balm



Emma Hardie Amazing Starter Kit:

All it took was one whiff of this scented Cleansing Balm and I was sold! And the fact this was part of a starter set for just £25, I thought "Yep, I'm having this!"

Included in this Starter Kit you get 50ml of the Moringa Cleansing Balm, 15ml Age Support Cream, 1 x Professional Dual-Action Cleansing Cloth and it all comes zipped up in a small travel bag.

The Cleansing Balm is meant to minimise the appearance of open pores (yep, I'm all up for that!) whilst gently cleanse, rehydrate and nurture mature skins. Whilst containing of course Moringa seed extract, it also contains Oranges, Neroli (my fave!) Mandarin oils, Cedar wood and Rose, (oh my word! My skin is going to be in for a real treat this Autumn!)

I'm also looking forward to trying out the Age Support Cream which claims to give instant lifting and tightening of the skin, helps to hydrate and plump the skin, reducing redness whilst giving luminosity and glow back into the skin, - sounds impressive!

I've still yet to try this as I'm still using the Radiance Cleanser from Elemis which seems to be lasting forever! But, I'll soon keep you posted. This is also out of stock online from Space.NK at the mo. But don't fret! You can purchase this direct from Emma Hardie ,  Debenhams or Cult Beauty.


Have you tried any products from Emma Hardie or any of the Jaclyn Hill/Becca collaborations?
What's your view on these never ending collaborations? Are you a fan of them?





                                                                       Toni. xoxo



SHARE:

3 comments

  1. That split is fab! I would have waited to buy one of these had I known they were being released instead of buying the palette. I adore that Emma Hardie cleanser - great little set! xx

    Beautylymin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely haul. :) I got the split pan with flowerchild as well! Waiting for mine to arrive!

    xoxo
    Regina
    http://mybeautymusings.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab haul! I'm a real fan of Becca, you're right the products are class. Have you used the backlight primer? It's beautiful. Also a fan of EH's Moringa balm..I've not had any fir a while so you've reminded me to put on my wishlist. Lovely post.
    Heidi x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. I read every one, I really do appreciate it! Don't forget to leave a link of your blog so I can come and view yours. However, this is not an invitation to spam!

Apart from Instagram and Twitter, you can also follow me on my Facebook page Sheer Gloss Beauty Blog.

© Sheer Gloss | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig