A U.K based Beauty Blog created by a makeup enthusiast.

Friday, 26 August 2016

5 Great Makeup Products For Under £5 #1

Great Makeup Buys for under £10,





Great Makeup Buys for under £10,


Hello, fellow beauties!

I thought it would be great to start up a nice little bargain post series on products that are £5 and under to celebrate all things good about drugstore makeup. Hasn't it come on a storm in last 5 or so years? You have to agree, we've certainly seen some changes over the years and it's probably at its best EVER in terms of quality. Of course, there is soo much out there now and it would be really difficult to name every one in one long blog post that's worthy of a mention. So after having a good ole rummage and getting lost into my never ending labyrinth of makeup, (I wish!) I finally managed to narrow it down to 5, which was really hard to do. So here it is! Hope you enjoy!





Great Makeup Buys for under £10,



Rimmel Lip Liners | up to £3.99

What more can I say! For under a fiver you've got yourself a super pigmented liner that softly applies, gives excellent longevity and is also great to wear as an all over lippie. I must've repurchased these about a billion times! My only wish is that Rimmel would add more shades to the range!

All four of these shades are my favourites and I especially love to wear Tiramisu and East End Snob as a base to help prolong wear of the any nude lipstick. Cappuccino is just so on trend for that nineties look at the moment that we're all going cray cray for, and I love how it really amps up the look of my lips. Pair this up with a really pale nude or a deeper shade like Velvet Teddy from Mac to achieve that cool ombre look! As for Red Diva?! OMG!....gorgeous matt lip colour that comes off a deep pink red on me.


Great Makeup Buys for under £10,

kiko nail laquer


Kiko Nail Laquers | £2.50

A trip to Westfield, Stratford in East London is never completed without a visit to Kiko. £2.50 is all that is required to achieve great wearing colour in a range of gorgeous shades of up to 155! A hard-wearing formula for hard-working hands. Full review here.



Great Makeup Buys for under £10,


MUA Undress Your Skin - Pink Shimmer | £3.00

I honestly couldn't believe my eyes when I swatched this back in Spring whilst shopping in Superdrug. I kept going over it and over it again! By the time I finished, I must have swatched it about 20 times as I couldn't believe how well it applied onto the back of my hand. At just £3.00, I didn't expect much, and thought well, I've haven't lost much should it turn out rubbish! But boy, did she deliver!

Ok...granted, it's not going to last you all day! But it wore a good 4-5hrs on me. Giving a really pretty natural glow to my skin. This has got to be one of the most underrated products I know!


Great Makeup Buys for under £10,

Nyx Jumbo Lip Pencil | £5.00   

I suppose it just wouldn't be right to not feature Nyx on the list eh? Aren't they amazing? This lip pencil was a recent discovery after my nearest larger Boots installed the Nyx Stand to the delight of us all and no doubt to many others, as these installations continue across the UK. I have to say, this is probably one of the best investments Boots has ever made in the last 10 yrs. 

You can't go wrong with these! These are not just lip liners, these work as jumbo lipsticks as well which make these a total doddle to apply on the lips.  A choice of 15 great shades to choose from that are super comfortable and long-wearing.


maybelline color tattoos

maybelline color tattoos



Well, aren't these just one of the best? I've been wearing these bad boys all Summer! Create long-wearing idiot-proof eye look in no time. Just apply all over the lid with your ring finger then blend to soften the edges with a clean brush - job done! I've been a right lazy moo lately when it comes to applying my eyeshadow so these have been a real godsend!

Great Makeup Buys for under £10,

Great Makeup Buys for under £10,

Which products that cost under a fiver have you enjoyed?



                                                                     Toni. Xoxo




SHARE:

5 comments

  1. I cannot believe that the Kiko nail laquers are so cheap! And these colours are so beautiful!!! Added in my wishlist :)

    Yiota x
    PinkDaisyLoves

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! I love the colour of East End Snob but I find the formula too soft & it breaks on me so easily. I love the Colour Tattoos & your Kiko nail polish collection is amazing! xx

    Beautylymin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes Rimmel Lip Liners are everything!! They are such good value for money! Maybelline Colour Tattoos are also really good! X

    ♡ itsjessiejane ♡

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great picks! I love the Color Tattoo's, they're such a great value! xx

    Gemma ♥ | Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those Kiko polishes are gorgeous - and such a bargain! It's rare to find anything decent under a fiver but I do like the odd lippy or mascara from Wet n Wild x
    Becca | theBeautyInbox

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. I read every one, I really do appreciate it! Don't forget to leave a link of your blog so I can come and view yours. However, this is not an invitation to spam!

Apart from Instagram and Twitter, you can also follow me on my Facebook page Sheer Gloss Beauty Blog.

© Sheer Gloss | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig