A U.K based Beauty Blog created by a makeup enthusiast.

Monday, 25 July 2016

Pixi Glow Tonic: Is It Worth The Hype?



Pixi Glow Tonic Review



Ever since beauty vlogger/blogger and skincare guru Caroline Hirons gave this product the "nod," scores of fans as well as fellow beauty bloggers have produced a lot of noise with regards to Pixi Skincare in general, and I'm beginning to see why. So if you ever wondered, "what could possibly be the most reviewed and hyped up skincare product in the last 18 months or so?" then look no further than this one, as its following is "huge" and has been reviewed time and time again. Much to the dismay of us all, beauty outlets can't keep enough of this stuff as no sooner are the shelves filled they are left stripped bare once again! 


So, what is so "damn" special about this orange bottle of watery substance, you may ask? In my opinion, it's a genie in a bottle that's what it is! 

 Now, if you're familiar with Liquid Gold by Alpha H, which I absolutely love by the way, then you'll already know a little about these liquid exfoliating type products. Pixi Glow Tonic works in a similar way except it's much more gentler than Liquid Gold because it's used daily, hence why it's a toner, whereas Liquid Gold isn't exactly a toner as such, more of an intense treatment that's used every 2-3 days, giving stronger and faster results.  As when using any exfoliating product, you must always ensure you use a sunscreen after use as the skin will be very sensitive and needs super protecting from the harmful rays of the sun. 

I originally began with a 100ml travel size, which I picked up at my larger M&S store in Norwich for £10, just to see what all the fuss was about, and also because I knew I was going away on holiday soon I thought this smaller edition would be a great size to pack. The full size is 250ml £18.00. 

So the answer to the question, is it worth the hype? Yeah, this stuff is pretty amazing! I noticed the difference in my skin after its very first swipe of a soaked cotton wool. It's gentle but very effective, that de-buffs dead skin, helping to treat dullness. As well as fighting wrinkles, it also helps to fade hyperpigmentation, revealing a brighter, clearer more even toned complexion.

It's formulated with ingredients such as Ginseng Root Extract and Aloe Vera that helps to soothe the skin, and also includes 5% Glycolic which is derived from sugar canes and is commonly known as AHA's (Alpha Hydroxy Acids) which performs that exfoliating process and removes that dullness. It also helps to firm and tighten the skin too but not in an uncomfortable way, which at my age you can never have too much of that firming element, can you?! It's also incredibly refreshing to use especially during these warmer months, as it removes that horrible sticky sweatiness from my skin.

I'm probably in a minority here, as I'm not that keen on the fragrance but for what it does, I'm more than happy to put up with it.

Pixi Glow Tonic Review

As this toner is so gentle, it can be used on a daily basis and is suitable for all skin types, even acne suffers. You just wipe over entire face and neck area with cotton wool, not forgetting to avoid the eye area, to remove any dead skin before continuing with your regular moisturiser. 

I tell you what, you will notice the difference even more after you've applied your foundation. Mine just glides on so smoothly now, it's unreal! As for my highlighter? Well, as they say - "that's looking really on point!" Haha! 

To say I love this product is an understatement and I've already have my second bottle on stand by, full size this time, as I don't want to ever run out!

As a beauty blogger, my aim was to never ever tell you what you should or should not do. Each to their own, as they say. You do what's best for you. I just share what works and what doesn't work for me. 

But, if there is one tiny thing I'd definitely recommend, is that would be to exfoliate. Whether it be in scrub form, lotion or pads, as it can really make a difference to your skin. By choosing not to, not only are you doing a disservice to you makeup, but also to your skincare as well. 

The Pixi Glow Tonic can be purchased online at  Cult Beauty, Pixi Beauty UK and in beauty halls in your larger M&S Stores.  

Have you tried the Pixi Glow Tonic?  Do share your thoughts. 





                                                                          Toni. Xoxo
        
SHARE:

6 comments

  1. This is definitely next on my list to try, especially now as you compared it with Alpha H Liquid Gold which is one of my HG products, will have to get my hands on this. Thanks for sharing x

    AlLittleKiran | Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a product that I can't be without! I absolutely love it! xx

    Beautylymin| Abercrombie & Fitch First Instinct Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Glow Tonic! It's probably one of the only skincare things I've repurchased time and again. I use mine every single day and definitely wouldn't be without a bottle. I've heard the Freedom Makeup version is a great dupe but I've not tried it as I do think this is more than worth the money!
    Rebecca | Notes From September
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok, you sold it to me, haha! I haven't tried it yet although I've been using many chemical exfoliators for months and, to be honest, I thought that my skin is so used to different acids that the Glow Tonic would be just a waste of money. But if you say that you saw the difference then I must try it too :) x

    Mummy’s Beauty Corner

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't actually tried this one yet (I know how could I even after this hype?!) but I think I will definitely pick it up soon! Very detailed review thank you! X

    Marlinde x | Marlinde

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. I read every one, I really do appreciate it! Don't forget to leave a link of your blog so I can come and view yours. However, this is not an invitation to spam!

Apart from Instagram and Twitter, you can also follow me on my Facebook page Sheer Gloss Beauty Blog.

© Sheer Gloss | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig