A U.K based Beauty Blog created by a makeup enthusiast.

Friday, 15 July 2016

Discovering Elemis Skincare


                 Elemis 6 Piece Luminous Skin Set

Award winning British skincare brand Elemis have been working their magic with anti-aging products for quite a number of years now. Originally, QVC was your only destination to gain access to this brand but after some years later that all changed when they finally set up shop in our Debenhams stores across the country. I've wanted to try these for so long now, as I was left intrigued by the claims from their dire hard fans who swear by. That opportunity finally arose back in May this year when I purchased this collection just in time before Summer arrived; So I've had plenty of time to test this out. 






Unfortunately, their iconic Pro-Collagen Marine Cream didn't feature in this, (which is one of their best sellers) but did however, feature a couple of others from the range which I was totally sold on, as anything with collagen in the title, I'm there! 

This was a TSV set purchase that is still available, but is now back to its original price - £62.64,  which I think is a good buy considering the Night Cream on its own costs an eye watering £95.00!!!!  All items are available and can be purchased separately from either QVC or Elemis direct, although QVC would be your best bet as they sell these in smaller collections or duos at a more affordable price.

Like a right div!!! I forgot to photograph it on its own, but is in the main picture. 

Yes, the tube is a bigger size as you get 200ml compared to their original pump dispenser of 150ml. 
First impressions were I thought the concept wasn't too dissimilar to the Cleanse and Polish from Liz Earle which I think is an "amazing cleanser"  (full review here.) It has a very thick consistency which felt really luxurious, and is formulated to melt and remove makeup and everyday grime, assisted by using a damp cloth; which it did very effectively including mascara. It left my skin gorgeously soft and silky and also after a short time my skin started to look a lot clearer and more even toned as well. 

I'm a real sucker for fragrance, as I feel it's one of the most important elements to enjoy when using a product. But I just didn't enjoy this as much as the one from Liz Earle, as it didn't give me that relaxing feel which I feel is an important part of the process when using skincare; for me, anyway! I didn't hate it, I just didn't love it, either. 


                 Elemis Total Glow Moisturising Bronzer


Claims to moisturise the skin, enhances the complexion whilst giving a gradual natural tan. 

I had really high hopes for this as I thought I would be able to kill two birds with one stone; a moisturiser that self-tanned whilst keeping my skin moisturised and hydrated. Put it this way; this gradual tanner was so gradual; I hardly noticed any difference in the colour of my skin; a little more even toned, perhaps. I suppose the word subtle would spring to mind, so if this is the kind of tanner that you're after, then this one's for you. I'm going to assume this is probably better suited for fair skins, as mine is more medium, bordering more Mediterranean this time of year.

As for its moisturising properties, it does hydrate well, although I do have to give it a good few minutes before applying my primer as it tends to be a little on the greasy side.
  
Fortunately, there was none of that dreadful obvious fake tan smell, just a  really nice pleasant fragrance. 


                Elemis Pro-Collagen Advanced Eye Treatment


A fragrance-free serum that's formulated with active ingredients such as Padina Pavonica, Macro Cellular Complex and Blue Flower Linseed to help firm and tone the delicate eye area whilst targeting fine lines and wrinkles. This lightweight formula helps to penetrate deep into the skin without overloading, and the pump dispenser ensures product is applied hygienically, so there's little danger of contaminating the formula by dipping your fingers in it.  

This formula itself has a watery gel like consistency which I wasn't a massive fan of, as I much prefer creams or creamy liquids. I don't know about you; my brain just seems to be programmed and makes that assumption that creams equals hydration, which I know isn't always the case. A little does go a long way as you only need half a pump for both eyes. To be honest, I'm a little confused on how I should be using this at it does state it's a serum, which kind of tells me I can use this underneath my standard eye cream, which I've been doing so, both morning and night time. 

At the moment, I just don't feel this product does anything for me, especially when you consider the price. But as in saying that, I have used eye products in the past where just as you get to the bottom of the pot, you suddenly begin to notice the difference! So perhaps, this will be one those! 


                 Elemis Pro-Collagen Oxygenating Night Cream


For me, this was the star of the collection (and I should think so too, for that price!) What a luxurious treat this is, and was a night cream like no other I've ever experienced before. First of all, the fragrance was wonderful; out of this world! I absolutely adored the spa-like fragrance as it was so uplifting and refreshing but relaxing at the same time.

When it comes to night creams, we often accept these thick and heavy greasy formulas and think it's the norm. Well, my friends, this certainly isn't one of them! It's so lightweight it's unbelievable; although rich enough to give ample amount of hydration and moisture, it's amazing! It's formulated with ingredients including Pavida Pavonica, Sesame and Avocado oils which helps to improve the skin's elasticity and firmness, also replenishing and rejuvenating whilst you sleep; waking up with more radiant, clearer skin that feels smooth and supple.

I noticed a real difference in my skin from the very first application, as the semi-matte finish gave it  that slightly blur appearance. After a few weeks, I can honestly say hand on heart that my skin hasn't looked this good in a long while, as there have been days where I can get away with wearing just a concealer and bronzer as makeup, which for me, is truly unheard of!

I shall be devastated when my time of using this will come to an end! It's always exciting when you discover a really lovely product and thought it'll be a great future repurchase knowing it'll probably be on the pricey side, until I saw the price for real, and thought "er...no!" 

                Elemis White Flowers Eye And Lip Makeup Remover


A familiar sight with a lot of these type of eye makeup removers as it's an non-irritant oil and water formula that requires to be shaken to mix together before use. It was such a pleasure to use, requiring very little effort to remove stubborn eye makeup, including mascara without leaving any oily residue. I'm not sure if it is this product that's doing this, is just that I noticed after a short period of usage, my lashes started to look in much better condition.


                Elemis Frangipani Monoi Hand And Nail Cream


My hands are a complete mess, as they get totally battered and scratched to buggery due to my job
(I work in retail) and also the sun playing havoc with my skin, causing premature ageing whilst cycling, (which I've since began applying sun block on them.)  There's not an awful lot to say about this other than the formula was lovely to use and moisturised my hands beautifully. It easily absorbed into my skin quickly without leaving any greasy residue. The only thing I wasn't crazy on was the Frangipani fragrance.

So far, I haven't noticed much difference in the condition of my hands, which I'm not surprised really as what they probably need is a miracle! My nails seems to be a lot stronger though, but I think this is probably due to the increased amount of tea I've drunk since started blogging, haha! Should this change, I'll soon you let you know. 


Have you tried any products from Elemis? 




                                                                         Toni. Xoxo




SHARE:

3 comments

  1. The night cream sounds so good. Such a shame its so expensive! I love the sound of the cleanser. I've not tried anything from elimis, maybe I'll start there :) xx

    LPage Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love the sound of the cleanser & night cream. QVC often have great deals so I must keep an eye out for an Elemis one! xx

    Beautylymin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Their deals are amazing value. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. I read every one, I really do appreciate it! Don't forget to leave a link of your blog so I can come and view yours. However, this is not an invitation to spam!

Apart from Instagram and Twitter, you can also follow me on my Facebook page Sheer Gloss Beauty Blog.

© Sheer Gloss | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig