A U.K based Beauty Blog created by a makeup enthusiast.

Friday, 6 May 2016

Why I Shan't Be Purchasing This Newly Released Beauty.


Photo by Urban Decay. 

Makeup enthusiasts around the globe were left going ga ga including me, ever since Urban Decay released shots of their up and coming release of their new eyeshadow palette, Alice Through The Looking Glass to coincide with the new film. The colours look gorgeous, the packaging is mesmerising and I have every confidence that the quality will be top notch! 




So, why am I going to pass up on such an amazing opportunity to own this limited edition, you may ask? Because I have enough! More than enough colours to create a rainbow the size of The London Eye! (OK, slightly exaggerated.) Including other brands. Only trouble is, if I see it in the flesh, then it may be a different story, so I'll have to stay away! I must show some will power, as I don't think my drawers can take any more large palettes sitting around collecting dust! 


Urban Decay Vice 2, Vice 3, Spectrum, Book of Shadows III, Feminie Palette

Palettes in the photo clockwise: Book Of Shadows Vol III NYC re - release, Vice 3, Vice 2, Feminine Palette and Spectrum. 

If you've been following me for a while now, you would've already known that I'm a massive fan of Urban Decay and have developed quite a large collection when it comes to their eyeshadow palettes. But I have far - too - many! Especially when it comes to their coloured themes: The Vices, Spectrum and any other Book of Shadows types, which are all very stunning but are in desperate need of some attention. I passed up on the Vice 4 for the same reason,  despite drooling all over it every time I visit House of Fraser, (yes, we still have it here.) Should a Vice 5 come along, who knows!
     The thing is, at the end of the day, there are only so many colours you can play around with, and as I tend to gravitate towards neutrals for everyday wear, that opportunity to use my colourful beauties just doesn't appear to happen as often as it should. When you consider the amount you pay for, which is a very good buy for the amount you get, they should be enjoyed and used far more often than they have done and fear these will never hit pan! 

So my friends, it is with great sadness (sad face) that I'll shall be passing up on this spell binding creation. To any of you that do get this palette, ENJOY!  


Will you be buying this latest release? 


                                                                   Toni. xoxo 





SHARE:

9 comments

  1. The palette is absolutely gorgeous!! And I would 100% understand why people would want to buy this!! I don't think i will either as i cant justify the money for those colours! Because I know i would only use them on occasion and I could buy a Morphe pallet with plenty more shades for half the price!! I cant get over the packaging though!! It is stunning!!! <3 Lovely honest post!!

    Amelia | http://amelia-g.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment, Amelia. I know it's incredibly tempting!:)xx

      Delete
  2. It does look so gorgeous! I have the Vice 4, I like it a lot, but I passed up on the Naked Smoky and Spectrum palette for the same reason as you. Eyeshadow palettes are my kryptonite, I feel like I never have enough. Thanks for sharing your thoughts x

    ALittleKiran | Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  3. I seriously considered this palette as the packaging is stunning and the colors are unlike any that I currently own, but when it comes down to it I know I would only use half the shades so I'm also turning it down! It looks like you have some really similar colors in your collection so I don't think you're missing out on much x

    www.beautyfromkatie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's exactly what I thought. xx

      Delete
  4. UD is my favourite brand for palettes, I own over 20 of them! I really wanted this palette but the size of it really put me off as I know it'd take up SO much room within my drawer! xx

    Gemma ♡ Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Even I will be passing on this one, I'm not a huge fan of bright color eye lids, I love sticking to neutrals for everyday and even for fancier days too.

    Sam || Beautydetour

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. I read every one, I really do appreciate it! Don't forget to leave a link of your blog so I can come and view yours. However, this is not an invitation to spam!

Apart from Instagram and Twitter, you can also follow me on my Facebook page Sheer Gloss Beauty Blog.

© Sheer Gloss | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig