A U.K based Beauty Blog created by a makeup enthusiast.

Monday, 9 May 2016

Urban Decay AfterGlow 8-Hour Powder Highlighter

Urban Decay AfterGlow 8hr Powder Highlighter Review In Aura


                 Urban Decay AfterGlow 8hr Powder Highlighter Review In Aura


                 Urban Decay AfterGlow 8hr Powder Highlighter Review in Aura


                  Urban Decay AfterGlow 8hr Powder Highlighter Review


So, I may have passed up on their Alice Through the Looking Glass palette but most certainly didn't pass up on this. Highlighters have become a bit of an addiction this year and when brands release beauties like this, it isn't too difficult to see why. I missed out on the jaw dropping gorgeous limited edition from Christian Dior, so was determined not to miss out on this one. Thankfully, this range is going nowhere as its a permanent line. 

A short while back, Urban Decay released a new line of dazzling highlighters as part of their After Glow range, consisting of three new stunning shades. 

The first shade Sin, is a beautiful golden glow that at first glance kind of reminds me of the Mary Lou-Manizer whilst in the pan. Aura a stunning romantic light pink and Fireball, a coral peach, which when I swatched, my first impressions was that it looked so similar to Moonbeam from Benefit which is now discontinued..

Now, Sin was out of stock at the time of purchase (no surprise there!) So I opted for the shade Aura instead as I've never owned a Pink highlighter in the higher-end spectrum.







                 


Let's just take a moment to admire the mirrored packaging of this stunning addition. It's beautiful, isn't it? The fishnet design embedded in the UD logo not only looks amazing, it's there to make life that bit easier. As you can see, the colour can be visibly seen through the lid, so it limits that frustration of finding the right shade when rummaging. The small but very sleek compact makes this unbearably cute! And looks gorgeous when displayed on my dressing table.  

It was clearly obvious that I wasn't going to be disappointed judging by the swatches I'd swooned over earlier whilst in store, and knew I was in for a real treat. I think it's great to finally be able to be within arms-reach of a high-end highlighter for under £20. 

Like I said before, the shade is a really beautiful elegant light pink, with a very fine subtle ice glimmer to it. The texture is soft and buttery, and due to the light-diffusing pigments, there was very little danger of showing up any imperfections on top of my cheeks. It just gave an amazing iridescent glow! The formula is very finely milled making it very lightweight and build-able; giving you the option to either create a sheer glow or a stronger strobe look if layered. The longevity is excellent, and by the end of the day, I could still see a subtle sheen when caught on view in the mirror.   


                  Urban Decay AfterGlow 8hr Powder Highlighter Review In Aura



                  Urban Decay AfterGlow 8hr Powder Highlighter Review Aura Swatches


I have to admit, I'm slightly addicted to this and can't wait to purchase its golden counterpart Sin, so I can enjoy more of these for the Summer. The shade Aura looks stunning on my neutral/cool skin tone and would also make a fabulous Winter highlighter due to its subtle ice pigments.

After my only disappointment, their pencil eyeliners, (they smudged heavily on me) since began using the brand, I was so pleased to discover that the consistency in their powder formula's like their eyeshadows are second to none! Aura certainly has the ability to create an aura, if you get my drift!

And after hearing the recent news that a new lipstick range Vice, is in the pipeline, producing a whopping amount of 100 SHADES, the release on these cannot come soon enough.



Have you tried any highlighters from Urban Decay?




                                                                      Toni. xoxo










SHARE:

14 comments

  1. I've never tried any Urban Decay highlighters but I think I would choose Aura too if I bought one of these. My skintone is warm but I enjoy the iridescent effect of pink-toned highlighters. I might have to treat myself to this!
    Rebecca | Notes From September
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tend to gravitate towards golds for some reason. Maybe it's because of that warmer glow they tend to give. This was my first highlighter from Urban decay. I do hope they'll produce some more shades!:) xx

      Delete
  2. This is the second review I've read on Aura and the other blogger has a deeper skin tone and she loves it too. I don't have a pink highlighter too so more of a reason for me to purchase this.

    Shireen | Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is beautiful. I hope you enjoy it! :) xx

      Delete
  3. Thanks for sharing a great review! This looks great!

    I write Mademoiselle Meets Maquillage and Macaroons and I would love for you to give it a read and follow me on Bloglovin if you like.
    www.mademoisellemeetsmaquillageandmacaroons.com

    Deepti x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You, Deepti! I shall pay a visit. :) xx

      Delete
  4. I so want this highlighter, the shade looks beautiful and pretty unique!
    Ps. I wanted to get the Alice palette as well but I've decided not to, even though the packaging is beautiful and perfect collector's piece but I have the two Vice palettes and although they are gorgeous I rarely reach for them. x

    Mummy’s Beauty Corner

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I rarely reach for mine too! The packaging on the Alice palette is so beautiful. :) xx

      Delete
  5. Ooh, this is beautiful! I'm very tempted by it! xx

    Beautylymin

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG thats the exact same bedding I had in the UK when I was there. Sorry that's the first thing I noticed. But I have to say UD is one of my all time favorite brands. I haven't tried the afterglow highlighter yet, but I have the naked flushed palette and I love the highlighter in there, so I can imagine how beautiful these could be.

    Sam || Beautydetour

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahh I've been holding myself from buying these after reading so many rave reviews, but your swatches are tempting me so badly! And for a higher end product, the price tag really isn't all that bad :D

    Mili | Sharmtoaster

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the idea of a highlighter having 8 hours of wear, who wouldn't want a highlighter on fleek to last that long.

    www.themakeupaficionado.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. I read every one, I really do appreciate it! Don't forget to leave a link of your blog so I can come and view yours. However, this is not an invitation to spam!

Apart from Instagram and Twitter, you can also follow me on my Facebook page Sheer Gloss Beauty Blog.

© Sheer Gloss | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig