A U.K based Beauty Blog created by a makeup enthusiast.

Monday, 25 April 2016

Makeup Fails | Products That Didn't Work For Me

                       

There comes a time during the many products you try when you discover that some just don't perform to your expectations. No one likes giving negative feedback, do they? However, I feel it's important to give true, honest opinions. After all, isn't that what my blog is all about, right?!







                      


A product for use for setting makeup, which was easy to apply and kept my make up in place most of the day, so no problems there. It was just so ridiculously drying! My skin felt so tight and uncomfortable. My cheeks are a little dry these days so this one may be best suited for oily skins. However, I have found a good alternative use for this. I now use this for spraying onto my eyeshadow brushes to help intensify pigmentation of any eyeshadow. So, not a complete right off.

                      


An eyeshadow primer formulated in the most bizarre shade, unless you have a deeper skin tone of course. I'd heard good reviews regarding this one, the price was right, so I had try it. Unfortunately, like a lot of budget eyeshadow primers it had no staying power as I have oily eye lids. Perhaps would perform better on drier lids.

                     


I had high hopes for this lip cream as I've normally found products from Sleek to be excellent. But this one wasn't so and didn't live up to the hype. The shade applied brighter than it looked in the tube and the formula really didn't perform well. The lip cream began to crumble as soon as your lips got wet which wasn't long. It was horrid! It's a no, no! 


                    


L'Oreal have had raved reviews regarding their Volume Lashes range which enticed me to try. I shouldn't have bothered. My lashes didn't look any different other than looked combed and also looked liked there was no product on them at all, but then flaked. Strange product. 

                    


To be fair, I got this product free due to a 3 for 2 promotion a while back at Superdrug. Vivid it certainly is! This highlighter is so strong and overpowering that even if you applied with a fan brush it'd still be too much. Also, the formula breaks up on the skin after a short period of wearing making the texture of the skin look worse! 

                    


I've left the worst till last. Now here me out, I know this has a massive cult following. This product has probably had just as much reviews as the Estée Lauder Double Wear foundation, it's that serious! 

I hate it! There, I've said it! This has got to be one of the worst eyeliners I have ever used and it wasn't cheap either. I just don't get the hype surrounding this product. It smudges all over the place. After a few hours of jiggling about it then decides to sit still and doesn't want to budge, making it extremely difficult to remove at night time. Talk about temperamental! I've tried all the tricks I know and it still doesn't want to comprehend. What I won't take away from this product is the intensity of the Black as it's outstanding! I have this in other shades where they came part of an eyeshadow palette. Zero behaves just the same while Stag just legs it the moment it comes into contact with the eye. 

I'm so disappointed with this as Urban Decay are one of my favourite brands. They have such a fantastic range of colours in their eye pencil range, I want them all, but after my bitter experience it leaves me with no option other than to stay away. .


Have you experienced any failures with any of these? Did they work for you? 




                                                                   Toni. xoxo







SHARE:

3 comments

  1. I've never tried any of these products but I know to stay away from them now haha! Great post, I always find these really useful :)
    Rebecca | Notes From September
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That lip colour looks gorgeous! Such a shame it didn't work for you!

    Love, Amie ❤
    The Curvaceous Vegan | Instagram | Twitter| Facebook

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looks gorgeous on other people. It's a real shame! Xx

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. I read every one, I really do appreciate it! Don't forget to leave a link of your blog so I can come and view yours. However, this is not an invitation to spam!

Apart from Instagram and Twitter, you can also follow me on my Facebook page Sheer Gloss Beauty Blog.

© Sheer Gloss | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig