A U.K based Beauty Blog created by a makeup enthusiast.

Monday, 14 March 2016

Latest Buys You Must Try | Revlon


                       Revlon-Review

        
I'd be the first to admit, for many years I hadn't given Revlon the attention it deserved. Their makeup stand along with Max Factor never seemed to entice me, I have no idea why! My last purchase was a couple of their hugely popular lip balms. As for foundation...well, I don't think I've used one from them since the days of Cindy Crawford modelling for them.

I picked up a couple a products, as I heard so much buzz around their Colorstay foundations and was also intrigued to try their Ultimate All In One mascara due to the design of the tiny wand. 







                       Revlon-Ultimate-All-In-One-Mascara

Ultimate All In One Mascara: 

As you are probably aware, Revlon have given their range of mascara's a complete new makeover and now features 5 new formula's to choose from.

Like I just mentioned, I wanted to try the Ultimate All In One as I hoped that the delivery system from this tiny oval shaped wand would give me that glimmer of hope, that this would be the holy grail. Luckily, this was  also on offer for £6.99 .The frustrating thing I've discovered with mascara's over the years is that I've always found one that will deliver either length or volume - never both without smudging! 

This unique brush design has been created to give intense volume by lengthening, lifting and defining the lashes. Apart from the size of the brush which I find an absolute godsendthere was no product overload when the wand was released from the tube, so no danger of clumpness there! 

Product overload can be real pain in my view as you can never apply the formula evenly which can sometimes prevent it from drying properly.

There's no danger of your mascara rolling off the dressing table with this one, as the flat shaped tube keeps it firmly still! 

Brush size compared to a standard size (Bourjois)  
     


                    

                      

I'm not a massive fan of over sized brushes because apart from the risk of creating a real mess, the formula can sometimes be thick and clumpy to work with.

Revlon claims its all about the brush and I think they could be right. The application is an absolute breeze as I was able to coat right from the root of the lash. I really like this mascara as the brush deposited and separated every tiny lash you never knew you had. This build-able formula made my lashes look fuller and longer and also gave that lovely fanned out shape. I really don't like formula's that are too wet as they take ages to dry, so was really pleased to discover this dried fast! Not being waterproof was a concern but that worry was short lived as it didn't smudge nor flake. 

Although it may take a little time to get to your desired look, the results will be worth it! But if you like fat lashes in an instant, than this may not be the one for you. However, I'd definitely keep the wand alone as this makes a fantastic brush to coat your bottom lashes.

                     Revlon-Colorstay-Foundation-Review


Agreed! This ones been around for quite a number of years now, so you'll have to excuse me for being a little late to the party! Beauty discount website Fragrance Direct were selling these at very reasonable price - £7.25, quite a saving don't you think? Than the usual £12.49 you'd pay from the other big retailers.  

Before I begin, may I just get squeal with excitement and say this foundation is absolutely fantastic! I think this has become my holy grail drugstore foundation. 


                     

Shade: Early Tan

But before I continue, I just want to get the negative view out the way which is the bottle. Now, look at the way you have to dispense the product out. Are we still in 80's or something? I can see at some point I'm going to have a right kerfuffle getting this stuff out. Why no pump? It never cease to amaze me why foundations are still produced in this format as we all know the application is so much easier, less mess and not forgetting more economical with a pump!                    
                
This foundation which contains added SPF15 is for Combination/Oily skins so I'm afraid you dry skinned folks won't like this product, however a formula for normal/dry skins is available. Now I've not really been massive fan of liquids for quite some time now, as I've been super loyal to Laura Geller's Balance and Brighten. Yeah sure, from time to time I've dallied with the odd one of two but had sadly always resulted back to the ole faithful.

I really love this foundation! The application gave a smooth, even, semi-matte finish and was so surprised how flawless it looked.  Most liquid formula's I've tried in the past have ended in failure as they've always seemed a bit greasy and emphasised my imperfections so for once, it was bye bye pores! This lightweight, buildable formula allows you to either wear it either sheer or a full coverage without it looking cakey. My look lasted all day, although I do use a primer - Spackle by Laura Geller 



Have you tried any of these? What are your favourites from Revlon? 





                                                                       Toni. X

















SHARE:

3 comments

  1. I just try the revlon mascara and it's amazing product. Great picks! Would you like to follow each other on BLOGLOVIN? If you decided to follow me, please let me know so I can follow you back as soon as possible. xoxo

    www.love-joice.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Joice! Thank you so much for stopping by. I'm thrilled you also loved the mascara. Xoxo

      Delete
  2. I just try the revlon mascara and it's amazing product. Great picks! Would you like to follow each other on BLOGLOVIN? If you decided to follow me, please let me know so I can follow you back as soon as possible. xoxo

    www.love-joice.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. I read every one, I really do appreciate it! Don't forget to leave a link of your blog so I can come and view yours. However, this is not an invitation to spam!

Apart from Instagram and Twitter, you can also follow me on my Facebook page Sheer Gloss Beauty Blog.

© Sheer Gloss | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig