A U.K based Beauty Blog created by a makeup enthusiast.

Friday, 5 February 2016

Solstice Highlighter Palette and Lipstick: Sleek Makeup

                 sleek solstice highlighter palette review

Hi, everyone!

It's been a long while since I last purchased an item from Sleek. (Perhaps too long!) Reason being, I've pretty much  been too preoccupied drooling over the more higher-end products, which unfortunately meant Sleek had been knocked off my radar. I'd bought the Solstice Highlighter Palette from Superdrug after Christmas whilst during the mayhem of the Boxing Day and pre New Year sales, which now seems a very long distant memory.










     
                   sleek solstice highlighter review

I'm a sucker for highlighters as I love how they can lift and transform the skin in just a quick sweep. Look at that stunning gold mirrored packaging! I really wasn't expecting that when I removed it out of the box. 4 x stunning shades await to transform your glow. I paid £9.99 for this glamorous quad that consists of 3 powder formulas and a cream.


                  sleek solstice highlighter palette

                  sleek makeup solstice highlighter palette


Omg! I think those swatches speak for themselves.

Subsolar - light gold (powder) and Ecliptic - rose gold,(cream) had a creamy pearlescent, high shine formula (non greasy).

Whilst Hemisphere - ice pink (powder) and Equinox - peach gold, (powder) were dry and smooth with shimmery pigments; all shades gave a silvery undertone look. Do go easy with these, as they are very pigmented, otherwise you'll end up looking like a disco ball! 

Overall thoughts:

I am finding my self using the creamy texture of Ecliptic more on a regular basis as this can be the perfect alternative formula for highlighting my dry cheeks. They applied with ease and blended beautifully, giving me that wet look which I like. I like to highlight the middle of my lips as this can instantly lift a flat lip colour and also enhance the look of your lips.

By layering both formula's, this can help you achieve a really strong glow that'll be perfect for evening wear - plus will help pro-long staying power. I like to apply with a light hand for the brow bone area if wearing during the day, otherwise it can tend to look a little too much. 

As per usual, Sleek never disappoints with regards to pigmentation  as you always get more than your monies worth. They are an amazing drugstore brand and have proven yet again they can be ahead of the rest. A cream highlighter at drugstore price is most welcomed and is long over due in my view, as powdery formula's can be drying with a tendency to break up on me, after a few hours of wear.


                   sleek true colour lipstick in barely there

The last few times I'd reached the Sleek stand in Superdrug the lipstick in the shade Barely There at £4.99 was always out of stock; so managed to get lucky this time round as there was only one left.

                   sleek barely there lipstick

                   sleek barley there lipstick

Now I know why the rack for this shade is always empty, the shade is beautiful! Barely There swatch a little more pink! So, I was a tad surprised at how more peach it looked on my lips. I do love  the colour, but senses the shade could be a tad too warm for my cool undertone at the moment, so maybe one for wearing during the Summer months once my complexion has warmed up a little.

The colour applied solid with a slight sheen which is great if glossy formula's are really not your thing and the moisturising formula gave a comfortable feel to the lips and lasted several hours of wear.


Have tried any of these from Sleek?




                                                                       Toni. xoxo
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. I read every one, I really do appreciate it! Don't forget to leave a link of your blog so I can come and view yours. However, this is not an invitation to spam!

Apart from Instagram and Twitter, you can also follow me on my Facebook page Sheer Gloss Beauty Blog.

© Sheer Gloss | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig