A U.K based Beauty Blog created by a makeup enthusiast.

Friday, 12 February 2016

Eyeshadow Palettes: The Favourites.

                        
                  Favourite eyeshadow palettes
                   

It's no secret that I'm totally obsessed with eyeshadow palettes. Unfortunately, having this weakness has done nothing but encouraged my collection to grow. Thankfully, there aren't that many that I don't love, but do have a few that will reach out to more often than not. 
  I thought I'd share with you some of my favourites; however, if you're anything like me, there's a strong possibility it'll pretty much be neutrals. Let's see if these are your favourites too!

   









              
                   
                  too faced chocolate bar palette
                           

Chocolate Bar Palette - Too Faced:

Where do I start with this one? I love this soo much! A packaging looks like a chocolate bar won me over straight away and also has shades formulated with cocoa  powder so smells of "CHOC - A - LATE!". The shades are just out of this world as the warm enriched tones just keep me coming back for more. 
  I love how it brings the green out of my green/grey eyes but can also strangely get away with wearing it, despite my neutral undertone.


My only regret, is that I didn't purchase this sooner before my other neutrals, as I would've saved a fortune, and perhaps would've past on the Naked Palette. Maybe it's time to pick up its Sister Semi - Sweet and the new edition arriving soon Sweet Peach.



                   Too-Faced-Le-Grand-Chateau

Le Grand Chateau - Too Faced:

Another favourite from Too Faced is this adorable set that houses 3 small palettes, accompanied with a travel size Better Than Sex mascara (God, I hate that name!) which was a Christmas gift. Unfortunately, this was a limited edition. Lately, Too Faced have really up their game when it comes to their neutrals, what with the success of their updated version of the Natural Palette and now their Chocolate Bar themed range. In terms of pigmentation and shade formulation every shadow looks stunning in this collection and I love the 2 very subtly pigmented blushers that are also part of this set.


                   tarte tartelette eyeshadow palette


A new kid on the bock in my palette stash and is in my top 3 due to the mind blowing matte pigments, fantastic blendability as well as the incredible arrangement of shades. Such a fantastic palette and one that should be in everyone's collection. Hmm! Shall I get the next instalment Tartelette in bloom? 



                   urban decay naked 2 eyeshadow palette

Naked 2 - Urban Decay:

I think it's safe to say, I am a massive UD fan as I have more palettes from the Beauty with an Edge brand, than any other. This is a fantastic one for us cool skin gals. I love wearing Tease in the crease, Naked and Chopper on the lid and Busted on the outer third before finishing with a tight lined look in Black liner - end result - green eyed gorgeousness! 

Purchase Naked 2 Palette £38.50 from Debenhams.


                   urban decay naked 3 eyeshadow palette

Naked 3 - Urban Decay:  

The one that I'd thought I would never buy due to the pinky tones (thought it would make me look ill) and feared this couldn't possibly suit me, but the soft romantic shimmery shades surprisingly wears lovely on me. A beautiful, beautiful alternative to the usual beige/brown neutrals for day wear. I purchased the Naked 3 Palette £38.50 from Debenhams.


                                 wet n wild color icon eyeshadow palette in comfort zone


Out of all my drugstore palettes, this one's my favourite. A superb palette that houses neutral shades with a vibe along with that stunning wearable Green that could possibly be a dupe for Mac's Juxt.  Pigmentation is phenomenal and I can't believe I paid less than fiver for this baby. (prices can vary from Amazon).



                  mac times nine burgundy eyeshadow palette
    


Shamefully, the only Mac palette I own but a great one! This was another one gifted to me at Christmas. Mac has done a great job of this arrangement as I would never have thought of adding a copper shade with burgundy. The two together are are a match made in heaven! This burgundy palette makes the perfect alternative to neutrals if you're a little colour shy. Star Violet is just gorgeous and I love pairing this with Antiqued as a highlighter for the centre of the lid! Great for both day or evening. 


What are your favourite palettes? 




                                                            Toni. xoxo


                                                                       



SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. I read every one, I really do appreciate it! Don't forget to leave a link of your blog so I can come and view yours. However, this is not an invitation to spam!

Apart from Instagram and Twitter, you can also follow me on my Facebook page Sheer Gloss Beauty Blog.

© Sheer Gloss | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig